Student Evaluation Access Guide
This is an opportunity to evaluate your courses. The college uses this information to evaluate the instructors and their courses and provides instructors with an opportunity to improve their courses.
Courses are evaluated in different groups called “projects”; you may have courses in one or more of these projects. The projects can have different evaluation open and close dates; therefore, you may receive more than one email notice.
There are three (3) ways to access your course evaluations:
- Email—Your Bellevue College How to set-up a BC email address
- Canvas course pop-up window
- Widget in your course sit
Evaluations are open-the day the evaluations are available for students with link to evaluations.
You receive the following emails:
- Pre-survey announcement-sent two (2) days prior to the opening of the evaluations.
- Non-responder email. You will only receive this email if you have not completed the course evaluation.
- One email will be sent 4 days before evaluations close and the second email will be sent 2 days before evaluations close and will contain a link to the evaluations.
Be sure to check both the “clutter” and “junk” folders in you BC email, if you cannot find it in your inbox.
Step 1: Access your Evaluation
There are three (3) ways to access evaluations.
1.Through the BC email.
See text below.
Your course evaluation/s are now available! (Note: start/end dates may be different for different courses).
As a student of Bellevue College, you have an opportunity to provide us with feedback by participating in the student course evaluation pro- cess.
- Will my instructor know what I wrote? The information you submit is completely confidential and anonymous; instructors do not have access to results until after grades are posted. Results cannot be associated with you personall
- How much time will it take to complete the evaluation? Usually 10-15 minutes.
- Where can I access the evaluation?
- Through the link bel
- When you log in to Canvas, you will also see a reminder to complete the course evaluation. You have two choices – “Go to Evaluation” – OR “Do it Later.” You will see this message every time you log in to Canvas, until you complete the evaluation.*
- Through the “widget” on your Canvas dashboard or the “widget” in each course. These are located on the right side.
- Through the “Evaluate Your Course” link on the left navigation menu in each course (if the instructor activated the link)
- How long do I have to complete the evaluation? The evaluations will close on (date). You should complete them as soon as possible.
- What if I run out of time while taking the evaluation? You will have TWO OPPORTUNITIES to save results and return to complete the eval- uation late After two times you will need to finish the survey.
Select this link to Login to access your course evaluation. Once you have completed the evaluation(s), you will receive a “Certificate of Comple- tion” in your Bellevue College email.
If you have questions/concerns, please contact evalkits uppo rt@ b ellevu ec o llege. edu
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
Bellevue College Staff
2. Through the pop-up message
Message appears after logging into Canvas. This message will only appear when the evaluations are open. Once evaluations are complete, the message disappears.
SAMPLE POP-UP MESSAGE
3.Through the “widget” on your Canvas Dashboard
or the “widget” in each Canvas courses. The widgets are located on the right side of the screen.
The widget will list the day the evaluations begin and the day they close. You will notice it also indicated how many days left to complete the evaluation.
Step 2 : Select a Course to Evaluate
Now you are on your EvaluationKit Dashboard you can see a list of your courses. Note, some of your courses may be evaluated at different times so you might not see all of them on the list. Select the title of the course you want to evaluate, in this example, PSY240
Step 3: Answer the questions
Step 4: You have to option to save and return later and finish.
If you start filling out an evaluation and need to stop for some reason, you can save your results by clicking on the “Come Back Later” button at the bottom of the evaluation. You have the ability to save it twice. The third time you start the survey you will need to complete the survey.
Step 5: Submit your evaluation.
When you have completed the evaluation, selected the submit button, you will receive a confirmation mes- sage verifying that you are ready to submit the evaluations. If you are ready to submit, select “OK”. See image below
Step 6: Confirmation
Once you submit your evaluation, you will be returned to your EvaluationKit Dashboard. You will notice that completion date and time are noted next to the completed evaluation. See image below.
Certificate of Completion
Once you have completed an evaluation, you will receive a “Certificate of Completion”. The certificate is sent to your Bellevue College email. If your instructor offers extra credits if you complete the evaluation, you can use this certificate as proof of completion. Please check with your instructor for directions on how to submit this certificate. Your instructor’s name is listed on the certificate. See image below
Having trouble accessing your evaluations?
- Try using a different web browser
Do you need additional evaluation help? Go to Evalkitsupport@bellevuecollege.edu and send us a detailed email including:
- Your Name
A screenshot depicting the issue you are having.
Last Updated February 26, 2019