Adding a Macmillan test bank in Canvas
Contact the Macmillan representative for a link to download the content and the test banks for your course.
NOTE: To upload test banks, Request for a QTI type of file which can be easily uploaded to Canvas.
- All QTI type of files sent by this publisher will need Respondus 4.0 to convert the fie.
Downloading QTI test bank files from the Publisher.
- Right click on the link in your email and download the zip file folder to your desktop.
- Save the file in a folder in your desktop
- Use Respondus 4.0 to convert the file.
- Save the new QTI Respondus converted zip file in a folder on your desktop.
Uploading to Canvas
- Login to Canvas.
- Go to Import Content
- Select QTI file type.
- Click on browse and select the test bank.
- Give the test bank a name.
- Select Import.
- It takes a few minutes and you will get a notification on the screen that the process is complete.
- Go to the Quizzes area.
- There will be a Quiz and a corresponding Question Bank.
- Find Manage Question Banks.
- Locate the Question Bank and delete and update questions as needed. Save the Question Bank.
- Create a new Quiz based on the updated Question Bank. ( Delete the auto created quiz, if you have made updates to the Question Bank).
Question banks will include Multiple Choice, Fill in the blanks, Matching or Essay type of questions. Delete questions that you will not be using, from the question banks. Delete the auto-generated quizzes. Create new quizzes from the Question Bank.
Last Updated October 21, 2020