To get started
- Before proceeding, make sure you have admin rights on the computer. Disable any Firewalls if installed.
- Insert the CD
- Run/Install the program from the ExamView CD. The ExamView program will be first loaded on the computer. Even if you have an older copy, it will re-install the newer version. Each CD has an individualized test banks.
How to: Install a Test Bank
- Insert the CD and Start the ExamView Test Generator software
- Click on Open an Existing Question Bank
- Select the test bank that you want to import
Create a Zip File
- Select > File > Export > WebCT CE 4-6/Vista 3-4 -(Some Publishers do not have a choice for Canvas)
- Select the path to you desktop
- Give the File a name.
- In the Export window click OK – Keep the defaults
Import the zipped file to Canvas
- Login to Canvas and go to your Canvas course
- On the Left navigation menu select Settings
- On the Right menu > Import Content into this Course
- Choose > Import Content from a content package or from another system
- Select QTI.zip from drop down list
- Browse to the saved zip file in your desktop and click Open
- Any new test bank being imported should be created as a New Question Bank with a meaningful name
- Click “Import Course”
- You will receive an email when the content has been processed
Locating the Question Bank and the Quiz
- Click on Quizzes in the course navigation
- Select Manage Question Banks
- You will find the new Question Bank and you will also find a Quiz with the same name
- If you need to update any questions use the Question Bank and not the Quiz. Ideally once a Question Bank has been created the Quiz should be deleted and recreated with the new adjustments/updates.
Note: Always check for questions in the “Unamed Quiz”. When there is an error when importing, questions will fall under this category. You can re-locate these questions to the correct Question Bank.
You are now ready to import the next test bank.
Last Updated February 4, 2017