LEAP – Learning English in Action Program. It’s a two quarter program** starting in fall quarter, 2018. The program emphasizes active learning through direct contact with the location and people of the Seattle-Bellevue area.
For more information see Program Flyer.
You will improve your English skills through:
- Taking field trips on and off campus
- Working with community organizations
- Exploring American culture and contemporary issues
- Listening to guest speakers
- Working and discussing in small groups
- Viewing films and other media
There will be three classes that meet Monday through Friday, 10:30 am-3:20 pm with an hour for lunch. The first class is “Foundations” and you will develop your leadership and teamwork skills. Next, you will have a “Culture” class that teaches you how to communicate more effectively with your American neighbors. Finally, you will explore global and local topics in the “Issues” class.
** With an option to take one quarter only
NOTE: Students should go to the OIE office in B144 for more information and to register for LEAP.
Last Updated March 22, 2019