Students with English 092 or 093 placement may enroll in an accelerated sequence of two five-credit classes so they can complete the 092/093 and English 101 in the same quarter. One hour is a regular English 101 class, and the 092/093 is a smaller support class to work more closely with the English 101 assignments while getting extra time and practice with the 101 instructor and classmates.
The 092/093 section in a combination course consists of 10 students who will:
- Get clarification on 101 assignments, discussions, readings
- Deepen understanding of 101 readings through additional readings, vocabulary activities and assignments
- Brainstorm topics for 101 papers
- Receive and provide extra peer critique for 101 papers
- Check progress in both the 092/093 and 101 class
Last Updated March 22, 2019