Financial Aid Newsletter – Winter 2018
Winter quarter begins January 2, 2018. Please read important information about deadlines, dates, disbursement of your funds, and purchasing your books below.
Payment of Tuition and Refund Disbursements:
Winter quarter begins on January 2, 2018
- We pay your tuition beginning December 18, 2017.
- We hold you in your classes until we pay your tuition if you met the winter quarter deadline.
- We also hold you in your classes if you obtained a deferment of payment due to participation in an eligible program on campus (i.e. Workforce Education).
- If your aid does not cover the full cost of tuition, you must pay the balance by Monday, January 8.
- If you are not planning to enroll full time (12+ credits), please submit a Change of Enrollment form by Thursday, December 21.
- Refund disbursements begin on December 27, 2017 by the BankMobile disbursement preference you selected.
Purchase of Books and Supplies
You cannot access your funds until after December 27 and most students can expect to receive their funds by December 30 if they chose an electronic disbursement option.
- Avoid the bookstore lines and purchase your books early. You must purchase books and supplies using your own funds or wait for your refund to arrive.
Confirmation of Academic Progress:
For continuing students, we check prior quarter grades before we disburse winter aid. Check your BC email on or after December 14 for notification regarding your financial aid status and eligibility based on your prior quarter grades.
- Go to our SAP page for details about Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
- If your aid is canceled but you experienced a hardship or a mitigating circumstance, please file an appeal and ask for reinstatement of your aid.
- File your appeal by Tuesday, January 2 if you plan to attend winter quarter.
- Access to our Appeal form
- We hold you in your classes until we review your appeal.
Pell Repayment Date:
You must finalize your schedule by the Pell Repayment Date, which is January 8, 2018 for winter quarter. Please read our policies regarding adding and dropping classes.
Thank you and enjoy your studies!
BC Financial Aid Office
Last Updated December 27, 2017