To receive financial aid you must meet the following conditions:
- Be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen (does not apply to DREAMer Students completing the WASFA).
- Possess a high school diploma, recognized equivalent such as a General Education Development (GED) certificate OR meet Ability to Benefit criteria.
- If you are interested in receiving Ability to Benefit financial aid, complete the FAFSA or WASFA and schedule an appointment to meet with a Basic and Transitional Studies (BATS) advisor. For more information, contact BATS at 425-564-2342.
- Be admitted to Bellevue College, and be working toward an eligible degree or certificate of 24 credits. You must declare your program on the BC Financial Aid Application. You may only work on one program at a time.
- Possess a valid social security number. (Does not apply to DREAMer Students completing the WASFA).
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) towards completion of your program.
- Not be in default on a federal student loan and not owe a repayment on a federal student grant.
- Use awarded financial aid for educational purposes only.
How financial need is determined
In addition to the requirements listed above, most financial aid programs require you to have Financial Need.
Financial Need is a calculation based on information you provided on the FAFSA/WASFA. Your Financial Need is determined based on the following formula:
Your cost of attendance (COA), minus your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), equals your Financial Need (COA – EFC = Financial Need)
- The Cost of Attendance (COA) for residents living at home is . . . $11,864
- The Expected Family Contribution (from your FAFSA) is . . . $3,200
- Your unmet need is . . . $8,664
In most cases, we are not permitted to award you aid that exceeds your COA, or for certain types of aid , exceeds your Financial Need. Additionally, the amount of grant funds is pre-set by regulation and/or college policy.
Learn more about eligibility requirements on the Federal Student Aid website
Last Updated February 6, 2019