The current COVID-19 health crisis may affect the information contained in this spring newsletter. Dates listed below may be adjusted depending on current and rapidly changing circumstances. Please check your BC email, and check the website often for up to date information.
Welcome to Bellevue College!
Financial Aid Newsletter –Spring 2020 (Last update 3/19/2020)
Spring quarter begins April 8, 2020. Please read important information about deadlines, dates, disbursement of your funds, and purchasing your books below.
Payment of Tuition and Refund Disbursements:
Spring quarter begins April 8, 2020.
- We pay your tuition beginning March 31, 2020.
- We hold you in your classes until we pay your tuition if you met the Spring deadline. If you have outstanding documents required, you must submit these via email by Wednesday, April 8.
- We also hold you in your classes if you obtained a deferment on payment of tuition due to participation in an eligible program on campus (i.e. Workforce Education).
- If your aid does not cover the full cost of tuition, you must pay the balance by Tuesday, April 14.
- If you do not plan to register full time (12+ credits), please submit a Change of Enrollment form by March 27 or submit a ticket at bellevuecollege.edu/sc-requests/.
- Refund disbursements begin on April 1 (your disbursement date may differ) by the BankMobile disbursement preference you selected.
Purchase of Books and Supplies:
You cannot access your funds until after April 1 and most students can expect to receive their funds by April 6 if they chose an electronic disbursement option.
- Spring quarter textbooks are available to order online at the Bellevue College bookstore. Shipping is free in the U.S.
- Go to The Bookstore Website to order your textbooks.
Due to the COVID-19 health crisis, you may not pick up your textbooks on campus – order early so that your textbooks arrive by the first day of the quarter.
Confirmation of Academic Progress:
For continuing students, we check prior quarter grades before we disburse Spring aid. Check your BC email beginning March 27 for notification regarding your financial aid status and eligibility based on your prior quarter grades.
**Federal regulations require us to address grades regardless of circumstances affecting our campus. During these uncertain times, we recognize that some students may receive an Incomplete for one or more classes Winter quarter. The campus is working with faculty so that students can complete their classes on time. In the unlikely event that you receive an Incomplete and it impacts your eligibility for aid, you may follow the appeal process outlined below.**
- Go to http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/fa/youraid/sap/ for details about Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
- If your aid is canceled but you experienced a hardship or a mitigating circumstance, please file an appeal and ask for reinstatement of your aid.
- File your appeal by Wednesday, April 8 if you plan to attend Spring quarter.
- Submit an appeal online only (preferred) or download the form at www.bellevuecollege.edu/fa/forms
- If you download a paper form, you must submit it via email or U.S mail. During the current health crisis you may not submit forms or documentation in-person.
- We hold you in your classes until we review your appeal.
Pell Repayment Date:
You must finalize your schedule by the Pell Repayment Date, which is April 14 for Spring quarter. Please read our policies at http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/fa/youraid/repayment/ regarding adding and dropping classes.
Thank you and enjoy your studies!
BC Financial Aid Office
Last Updated March 26, 2020