Appealing Loss of Financial Aid

If you’ve lost your financial aid due to poor academic performance, you can file an appeal. Please read the appeal form carefully for full details. We review appeals every week.

To file an appeal

  • Review and complete the Appeal Form (be sure and choose the form for the current academic year).
  • Provide supporting documentation where necessary.
  • Turn in the form and documentation to our office.

Reasons for Appealing

Mitigating Circumstances

Mitigating Circumstances are events that are out of your control such as automobile accident, an illness or death of a family member.   This appeal must include a letter from you and documentation (such as police report, doctor’s note, etc) explaining event.

Grade change

You may file an appeal if a grade change now makes you eligible for financial aid. Attach a transcript with the updated grade.

Meeting Academic Standards

You may file an appeal if you meet the 67% completion rate with a 2.0 cumulative GPA.

Exceeding Maximum Time Frame (MTF)

You may appeal if you have extenuating circumstances that prevented you from completing your program of study within the Maximum Time Frame.

How reviews work

If your appeal is approved, your aid will be reinstated.   You are responsible for any prior repayment obligations.  Proof of satisfactory payment arrangements with the Department of Education can be used to waive this requirement on federal aid.

If your appeal is denied, you may file an additional appeal once you have met academic standards.   Please note that successfully completing additional, self-paid quarters or simply filing an appeal does not guarantee reinstatement of financial aid.

Last Updated January 14, 2019