Once you complete your financial aid file, which means you submitted all required documents, we take the following steps to award you the financial aid funds you are eligible for:
- Financial aid files are reviewed based on the date you submitted the last document needed to complete your file. Note: sometimes during the review process, we find that additional information or documentation is needed. In this case, simply submit the additional information as soon as possible. You do not lose your original completion date and your file is reviewed shortly after you provide the information we need.
- If you are eligible for aid, an award is made. You are notified via your BC email account. The email provides you with a link to the Student Financial Aid Portal, where you can view the types and amounts of aid awarded to you.
- There are limits on some of the funds available to award you. Awards are made on a first-come, first-served basis. The earlier you apply the more likely you are to receive all the aid you are eligible for.
- Unless otherwise indicated, your award assumes full-time enrollment of 12 or more credits per quarter. Use the Enrollment Change Form if you wish to take less than 12 credits. Note that student loans require a minimum enrollment of six credits per quarter.
- If you met the file completion deadline for the quarter you wish to start school, or you have received your award notification (email), we hold you in your classes until your aid pays your tuition.
- We pay your tuition about a week before the quarter begins – except for summer quarter. For summer, we cannot disburse funds to you, or pay your tuition until after July 1, which begins our school year.
- If your aid does not cover all your tuition, you must pay the balance no later than the last day to withdraw and receive a 100% refund. Unpaid balances may incur a late charge and the start of collection proceedings. If you do not want to take your classes, you must drop them yourself within the 100% refund period. Check the Enrollment/Academic calendar for specific deadline dates.
- After your tuition is paid any balance remaining is refunded to you. Visit our BankMobile page for disbursement option information.
- If you add or drop credits after you receive your refund, you may owe a repayment of the aid you received, or you may owe additional tuition, which you must pay out of your own funds. See Census Date, Refunds, and Repayments for details
Last Updated January 14, 2019