The Bellevue College Foundation reviews each application individually with the assistance of community volunteers, donors, and BC Faculty and Staff. Among the criteria used in the selection process are:
- Persistence: Determination and perseverance in the face of challenges, ability to set and remain focused on goals, and to put in the effort needed to meet those goals in the face of obstacles.
- Leadership: Ability to organize and positively influence others in and out of school (family, religious community, sports, arts, etc.).
- Service to Others: Purposeful and meaningful commitment to others which may be evidenced by participation in volunteer/community service activities.
- Academic ability and achievement: Strong academic record, academic awards and honors, and substantive assessments by educators and non-academic individuals providing confidential recommendations. In addition to GPA, we consider participation in available advanced courses, commitment to learning, and intellectual curiosity.
- Unmet financial need: Demonstrate unmet financial need as determined by the Student Financial Services Office at BC. Not all scholarships require unmet financial need for awarding purposes.
Last Updated September 29, 2022