To be considered for the BC Foundation Scholarship for the 2019-20 academic year, you must complete all steps listed on the application check list.
Apply to become a Bellevue College Student
You may do so online or in person to become a Bellevue College student. Once completed, you will receive a welcome email which includes your student ID. Your student ID is needed for the online scholarship application system.
NOTE: Current high school seniors and prospective BC Students interested in applying for the scholarship can still submit the application without a BC issued student ID. Students will ONLY be awarded a BC Foundation scholarship upon attending BC and scholarships are non-transferable.
Complete the BC Foundation Scholarship Application Form
Opens January 2020
Start your BC Foundation Scholarship application.
You must complete ALL the short answer questions.
Submit the BC Foundation Scholarship Application
DUE: March 2020
In addition to completing and submitting the Application, all required documents MUST also be submitted by the deadline. Documents that are received after the deadline may not be considered for the selection process.
Submit the required supplemental documents
DUE: March 2020
Submit your transcript. Applicants must submit an unofficial transcript. Transcripts must be uploaded to your online application or postmarked/delivered by the application deadline. Make sure you request a transcript in advance so that it can be hand delivered or postmarked by the deadline.
Current BC students can access their unofficial transcript here.
Submit Recommender Form and letter of recommendation. Please provide this Recommender form to your recommender to complete and submit with your letter of recommendation. BOTH the form and the letter must be submitted for your application to be considered.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) – “Need-based” scholarships ONLY
Many of the BC Foundation scholarships are intended for students who have financial need. To be considered eligible for those particular scholarships you will need to complete the BC Financial Aid process which includes completing the FAFSA and a BC Financial Aid Application.
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)each year you attend Bellevue College.
- The FAFSA is a federal application, and is required for all types of aid, including loans.
- Make sure you select Bellevue College from the drop down menu on your application.
- 1 – 2 weeks after you submit the FAFSA you receive a response from the federal processor, which includes a summary of your application. Review this carefully for accuracy. You can go back to your application and make corrections if needed.
- The Student Financial Services Office receives your FAFSA information electronically and will process your award.
- Completion of the FAFSA does not obligate you to accept loan, grant, or scholarship money.
- DREAMer Students Only: Complete the WASFA (Washington Application for State Financial Aid)
- Eligibility for several Washington State financial aid programs has expanded to include students who are ineligible for federal financial aid due to immigration status.
- Complete the WASFA once each year for every year you attend Bellevue College.
- Admission and BC Financial Aid Application Requirements
BC Email: You are required to use it! This is the way we communicate with you. Once you are admitted to the college and receive your Student ID number, go here to set up your account.
Last Updated July 10, 2019