The BC Foundation Scholarship is a scholarship program funded by individuals, foundations, Bellevue College departments, or businesses to provide college scholarships to incoming and current BC students who will be enrolling at BC. The BC Foundation Scholarship can be customized around a general set of requirements requested by the donor. Scholarships awarded will generally range from $1,000 to $3,000 each. Students may apply each year that they plan to enroll at BC.
All BC Foundation Scholarships are to be used at BC only and can be applied to tuition, fees, and, in some cases, books purchased from the BC Campus Bookstore. Applications for scholarships are only available from January through March. Scholarships provide funding for the upcoming year – Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters. Scholarship funds are not available for Summer quarters.
To be considered for the BC Foundation Scholarship students must:
- Plan to attend or currently be attending Bellevue College.
- Maintain a minimum of 2.00 or above cumulative high school GPA through fall quarter/semester, if applying as a high school senior.
- Maintain a minimum of 2.00 or above cumulative college GPA through fall quarter/semester, if applying as a college student.
- Some Foundation scholarships require a student to be enrolled full-time, but others do not. Full-time enrollment is considered 12 or more credits per quarter.
In addition to submitting the online application, you must also mail or deliver an unofficial transcript and recommendation materials to the BC Foundation. They must be delivered or postmarked by the deadline for your application to be considered.
- Transcript: High school and current Bellevue College students must submit an unofficial transcript. Transcripts must show grades through the fall of 2020 and list your cumulative GPA. Only one (most current) transcript is required for the application.
- Current Bellevue College students may access their current unofficial transcript here. Students will need their BC Student ID and Student PIN to view and download a copy.
- Recommender Form:
- The 2021-20 Recommender Form may be accessed online. This is a change from prior years, and all forms must be completed by your recommender online. The Recommender Form will be available when the Scholarship Application opens on Monday, January 4, 2021.
- Applicants should copy the link to the form (available Jan.4) and send it to their recommender to complete online.
- DO NOT REQUEST THIS THE DAY BEFORE IT IS DUE – BE SURE TO GIVE YOUR RECOMMENDER AT LEAST TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE: MONDAY, MARCH 8, 2021, BY 11:59 P.M., PST.
Optional/ Additional Documents
Some scholarships may require that you submit additional documentation. If this documentation is required, the Foundation will contact you to request as it is needed.
- Supplemental essay
- Recommendations from specific individuals
Last Updated January 4, 2021