The BC Foundation Scholarship is a scholarship program funded by individuals, foundations, Bellevue College departments, or businesses to provide college scholarships to incoming and current BC students who will be enrolling at BC. The BC Foundation Scholarship can be customized around a general set of requirements requested by the donor. Scholarships awarded will generally range from $1,000 to $3,000 each. Students may apply each year that they plan to enroll at BC.
All BC Foundation Scholarships are to be used at BC only and can be applied to tuition, fees, and, in some cases, books purchased from the BC Campus Bookstore. Applications for scholarships are only available January through April. Scholarships provide funding for the upcoming year – Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters. Scholarship funds are not available for Summer quarters.
To be considered for the BC Foundation Scholarship students must:
- Plan to attend or currently be attending Bellevue College.
- Maintain a minimum of 2.00 or above cumulative high school GPA through fall quarter/semester, if applying as a high school senior.
- Maintain a minimum of 2.00 or above cumulative college GPA through fall quarter/semester, if applying as a college student.
- Some Foundation scholarships require a student to be enrolled full time, but others do not. Full-time enrollment is considered 12 or more credits per quarter.
In addition to submitting the online application, you must also mail or deliver an unofficial transcript and recommendation materials to the BC Foundation. They must be delivered or postmarked by the deadline for your application to be considered.
- Transcript: High school and current Bellevue College students must submit an unofficial transcript. Transcripts must show grades through the fall of 2019 and list your cumulative GPA. Only one (most current) transcript is required for the application.
- Current Bellevue College students may access their current unofficial transcript here. Students will need their BC Student ID and Student PIN to view and download a copy.
- Recommender Form AND Letter:
- Please provide the 2020-21 Recommender Form to your recommender to complete and submit with your letter of recommendation. BOTH the form and the letter must be submitted for your application to be considered.
- Letter of Recommendation: In addition to the 2020-21 Recommender Form, your recommender must also provide a letter of recommendation.
- DO NOT REQUEST THIS THE DAY BEFORE IT IS DUE – BE SURE TO GIVE YOUR RECOMMENDER AT LEAST A WEEK PRIOR
Optional/ Additional Documents
Some scholarships require that you submit additional documentation. If this documentation is required, the Foundation will request as needed.
- Supplemental Essay
- Specific Letters of recommendation
Last Updated April 21, 2020