You should apply for graduation as soon as possible. Do not wait until your classes are complete. There are application deadlines and you need to apply for graduation before your final quarter ends. You can review the application deadlines here.
You can view your unofficial transcript online. When your degree is officially awarded, your degree title will show on your transcript. It usually takes a few weeks after the end of the quarter to award all degrees.
If you did not successfully complete your final classes, you can move your graduation to a future quarter. Please fill out another application, and choose the option “I already applied. I need to change my application.” If you change your graduation to the next immediate quarter, there is no additional fee. If you change your application more than one quarter, there may be another application fee.
If you missed the final application deadline, please apply for next quarter. Applications are reviewed in the order received. If all your courses are complete, we will award your degree as soon as we review your application.
There are both college and specific program requirements you must meet to earn a degree or certificate. The website and the college catalog detail the requirements you must meet to graduate.
- View the specific requirements for your program.
- Basic college graduation requirements.
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 in all coursework taken at Bellevue College.
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA in all courses applied to the degree/certificate, including credits transferred from other colleges.
- Complete the minimum required residence credits at Bellevue College: one-third of the credits needed for an associate degree or certificate, or 45 credits needed for a bachelor’s degree. There are both college and specific program requirements you must meet to earn a degree or certificate. The website and the college catalog detail the requirements you must meet to graduate.
You may choose to graduate using the requirements that were in effect at the time you began taking classes at Bellevue College, or you may use the requirements that are in place at the time you apply to graduate. The following restrictions apply:
- Not more than five years have elapsed since you began your studies.
- If you plan to transfer to another college or university, you may wish to check the admission requirements of the school you plan to attend. Choosing to follow the most current degree requirements may help ensure that you meet current admission and transfer standards.
Degree Audit is only an unofficial advising tool. It does not always perfectly organize your courses. Degree Audit is not official and does not affect your graduation. However, you should double check with your advisor or the Graduation Office to make sure everything is okay.
Use this link to access the Degree Audit online tool. Degree Audit allows you to see how your classes apply to your degree requirements, and how many classes you have left to take. Students should use this tool with caution, as it provides an unofficial review. We also encourage you to meet with an academic advisor to go over your Degree Audit results and to plan for the classes you have left to take. Degree Audit is a secure system, which you access using your Student ID and PIN.
The college does have an option for students to graduate with honors. An Honors designation is indicated on your official transcript, in the Commencement program, on your Diploma, and by the display of Honor’s cords in the Commencement Ceremony. Please note the following:
- The Honors designation is available for all students completing a degree or certificate that is at least 45 credits in length.
- Courses transferred to Bellevue College form other schools you have attended are not included in the GPA for an Honors Designation.
- Designation for Associate Degrees and Certificates of Achievement
- Distinction: Cumulative GPA between 3.50 and 3.74
- High Distinction: Cumulative GPA between 3.75 and 4.00
- Designation for Bachelor Degrees
- Cum laude: Cumulative GPA between 3.60 and 3.79
- Magna cum laude: Cumulative GPA between 3.80 and 3.99
- Summa cum laude: Cumulative GPA is 4.00
Who do I contact if I have more questions?
You can ask a question online. A Student Central staff member will follow up with you.
Last Updated March 25, 2019