You should apply for graduation as soon as you register for your final quarter classes. Please review the application deadlines here.
The Graduation Office will review your application after the end of the quarter. It usually takes several weeks after finals to review all degrees. If you are qualified to graduate, your degree will be added to your transcript. You can view your unofficial transcript online.
You can view your unofficial transcript online. When your degree is officially awarded, your degree title will show on your transcript. It usually takes several weeks after the end of the quarter to award all degrees.
If you did not successfully complete your final classes, you can move your graduation to a future quarter. Please fill out another application, and choose the option “I already applied. I need to change my application.” If you change your graduation to the next immediate quarter, there is no additional fee. If you change your application more than one quarter, there may be another application fee. If you did not graduate in Spring quarter, you can move your application to Summer or Fall with no additional fee.
If you missed the application deadline, you can still apply. However, your degree may be delayed by several weeks.
There are both college and specific program requirements you must meet to earn a degree or certificate. The website and the college catalog detail the requirements you must meet to graduate.
- View the specific requirements for your degree.
- Some degrees change the requirements every few years. Make sure you know what year version you are working on.
- General graduation requirements for all degrees:
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 in all coursework taken at Bellevue College.
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 in all courses applied to the degree/certificate, including credits transferred from other colleges.
- Complete one-third of the credits required for your degree here at Bellevue College.
- Bachelors degrees only need to complete at least 45 credits here at Bellevue College
Some degrees change every few years. For Professional and Technical degrees, the catalog requirements expire after 5 years. You must be continuously enrolled to use older degree requirements, and you cannot use requirements from before you started your degree. If you do not complete your degree in 5 years, you must meet the newer degree requirements. We do not backdate or award degrees with expired requirements.
Students completing transfer degrees should meet the current requirements to ensure their transferability to four-year baccalaureate colleges or universities.
Degree Audit is only an unofficial advising tool. It does not always perfectly organize your courses. Degree Audit is not official and does not affect your graduation. However, you should double check with your advisor or the Graduation Office to make sure everything is okay.
In general, Bellevue College does not award more than one DTA degree. For more information, please contact the Evaluations Office by asking a question online.
Use this link to access the Degree Audit online tool. Degree Audit allows you to see how your classes apply to your degree requirements, and how many classes you have left to take. Students should use this tool with caution, as it provides an unofficial review. We also encourage you to meet with an academic advisor to go over your Degree Audit results and to plan for the classes you have left to take. Degree Audit is a secure system, which you access using your Student ID and PIN.
The Commencement Ceremony is optional, and you do not receive your diploma at the ceremony. We send you your diploma after we add your degree to your transcript. The ceremony takes place before final grades are submitted for Spring quarter, and before the start of Summer quarter. This means that even if you participate in the ceremony, your graduation is not official until the degree is added to your official transcript.
We add the Honors designation automatically for all degrees and certificates with at least 45 required credits.
The Honors designation is based on your GPA:
- We use your Bellevue College cumulative GPA. This includes every class you took at BC, even the classes you did not use your for your degree. This does not include transfer credit grades.
- The GPA you see on Degree Audit only includes the courses applied to your degree. We do not use this GPA to determine the Honors designation.
Honors for Associate Degrees and Certificates of Achievement:
- Distinction: Cumulative GPA between 3.50 and 3.74
- High Distinction: Cumulative GPA between 3.75 and 4.00
Honors for Bachelor Degrees:
- Cum laude: Cumulative GPA between 3.60 and 3.79
- Magna cum laude: Cumulative GPA between 3.80 and 3.99
- Summa cum laude: Cumulative GPA is 4.00
Students who have an honors GPA at the time of the Commencement Ceremony receive honors cords to wear with their caps and gowns. For spring and summer quarter graduates, honors cords are issued based on your GPA at the end of winter quarter.
- You complete or apply for a degree that is 20 credits or more.
- You graduated in Fall or Winter, or
- You applied for graduation in Spring or Summer.
The ceremony takes place before grades are final for Spring, and before the start of Summer quarter. This means Spring and Summer applicants attend the ceremony before their graduation is official.
For traditional in-person ceremonies:
- You may not bring large bags or backpacks into the auditorium. Smaller bags and purses are subject to search.
- You may not bring Helium balloons to the ceremony.
Digital diplomas are sent several weeks after finals. Paper diplomas take several months to print and mail.
Submit a Diploma Replacement Request Form online. You can request a digital diploma, paper diploma, or both. Digital diplomas are free. There is a $21.50 fee for paper diplomas.
We do not hand out diplomas at the ceremony. Your diploma will be sent later after after your degree is added to your transcript.
Who do I contact if I have more questions?
You can ask a question online. A Student Central staff member will follow up with you.
Last Updated January 27, 2021