You should apply for graduation as soon as possible. Do not wait until your classes are complete. There are application deadlines and you need to apply for graduation before your final quarter ends. You can review the application deadlines here.
The Evaluations & Graduation Office reviews your application. If you applied by the early deadline, you can expect to receive the results of your graduation review before your final quarter starts. This helps you to plan your final quarter in case you are missing requirements. If you applied after the early review deadline, you may not hear from us until the end of your final quarter. We review applications in the order received. It may take some time, especially during peak Spring and Summer graduation periods.
After we review your application, we send an email to your BC Student Email Account.Note: Do not confuse your student email account with your Canvas inbox. They are not the same!
If you qualify to graduate, your degree is added to your official transcript after your required courses are complete. It usually takes several weeks to award all degrees at the end of the quarter. You can view your transcript online.
You can view your unofficial transcript online. When your degree is officially awarded, your degree title will show on your transcript. It usually takes a few weeks after the end of the quarter to award all degrees.
If you did not successfully complete your final classes, you can move your graduation to a future quarter. Please fill out another application, and choose the option “I already applied. I need to change my application.” If you change your graduation to the next immediate quarter, there is no additional fee. If you change your application more than one quarter, there may be another application fee. If you did not graduate in Spring quarter, you can move your application to Summer or Fall with no additional fee.
If you missed the final application deadline, please apply for next quarter. Applications are reviewed in the order received. If all your courses are complete, we will award your degree as soon as we review your application.
There are both college and specific program requirements you must meet to earn a degree or certificate. The website and the college catalog detail the requirements you must meet to graduate.
- View the specific requirements for your degree.
- Some degrees change the requirements every few years. Make sure you know what year version you are working on.
- General graduation requirements for all degrees:
- Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 in all coursework taken at Bellevue College.
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00 in all courses applied to the degree/certificate, including credits transferred from other colleges.
- Complete one-third of the credits required for your degree here at Bellevue College.
- Bachelors degrees only need to complete at least 45 credits here at Bellevue College
Some degrees change every few years. For Professional and Technical degrees, the catalog requirements expire after 3 years. If you do not complete your degree in 3 years, you must meet the newer degree requirements. We do not backdate or award degrees with expired requirements.
Students completing transfer degrees should meet the current requirements to ensure their transferability to four-year baccalaureate colleges or universities.
Degree Audit is only an unofficial advising tool. It does not always perfectly organize your courses. Degree Audit is not official and does not affect your graduation. However, you should double check with your advisor or the Graduation Office to make sure everything is okay.
In general, Bellevue College does not award more than one DTA degree. Students who earn the Associate in Business DTA first will not be eligible to receive the Arts & Sciences DTA.
Students who complete the Arts & Sciences DTA first and return to complete additional business coursework may be eligible to earn the Associate in Business DTA on a case by case basis.
For more information, please contact the Evaluations Office by asking a question online.
Use this link to access the Degree Audit online tool. Degree Audit allows you to see how your classes apply to your degree requirements, and how many classes you have left to take. Students should use this tool with caution, as it provides an unofficial review. We also encourage you to meet with an academic advisor to go over your Degree Audit results and to plan for the classes you have left to take. Degree Audit is a secure system, which you access using your Student ID and PIN.
The Commencement Ceremony is optional, and you do not receive your diploma at the ceremony. We send you your diploma after we add, or post your degree to your transcript. The ceremony takes place before final grades are submitted for Spring quarter, and before the start of Summer quarter. This means that even if you participate in the ceremony, your graduation is not official until the degree is added to your official transcript.
We add the Honors designation automatically for all degrees and certificates with at least 45 required credits.
The Honors designation is based on your GPA:
- We use your Bellevue College cumulative GPA. This includes every class you took at BC, even the classes you did not use your for your degree. This does not include transfer credit grades.
- The GPA you see on Degree Audit only includes the courses applied to your degree. We do not use this GPA to determine the Honors designation.
Honors for Associate Degrees and Certificates of Achievement:
- Distinction: Cumulative GPA between 3.50 and 3.74
- High Distinction: Cumulative GPA between 3.75 and 4.00
Honors for Bachelor Degrees:
- Cum laude: Cumulative GPA between 3.60 and 3.79
- Magna cum laude: Cumulative GPA between 3.80 and 3.99
- Summa cum laude: Cumulative GPA is 4.00
Students who have an honors GPA at the time of the Commencement Ceremony receive honors cords to wear with their caps and gowns. For spring and summer quarter graduates, honors cords are issued based on your GPA at the end of winter quarter.
- You complete or apply for a degree that is 20 credits or more.
- You graduated in Fall or Winter, or
- You applied for graduation in Spring or Summer.
The ceremony takes place before grades are final for Spring, and before the start of Summer quarter. This means Spring and Summer applicants attend the ceremony before their graduation is official.
- You may not bring large bags or backpacks into the auditorium. Smaller bags and purses are subject to search.
- You may not bring Helium balloons to the ceremony.
Parking is free and there are different parking lots assigned for the two ceremonies. Please visit the commencement webpage for more information.
Diplomas are mailed out after your final classes are complete and the degree has been added to your official transcript. It may take a couple months to review all applications and print all diplomas at the end of the quarter.
Submit a Diploma Replacement Request Form to Student Central in B125. A processing fee is required for each replacement.
We do not hand out diplomas at the ceremony. Your diploma will be sent later after after your degree is added to your transcript.
Who do I contact if I have more questions?
You can ask a question online. A Student Central staff member will follow up with you.
Last Updated October 24, 2019