The Healthcare Management & Leadership program at Bellevue College offers career-oriented options for students who are interested in becoming successful supervisors, managers and administrators within hospitals, clinics and healthcare centers. Admission to the program is competitive. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission, as the number of qualified applicants may exceed the number of available enrollment spaces. We highly encourage you to meet with our Program Manager before applying to the program! Use the Contact Us Form to set up an appointment.
|Fall Start||Spring Start|
|Application Opens||March 1st||November 1st|
|Priority Application Deadline||June 1st||February 1st|
|Final Application Deadline||July 1st||March 1st|
Step 1: Apply to Bellevue College for General Admission
If you are a first time BC student or a previous BC student who is returning to the college after four or more quarters off, you must apply to the college first. Current BC students may skip Step 1 and start at Step 2.
- Apply for BC Admission Now! The link takes you the Washington State Community and Technical College Web Admissions Center. Follow the Quick Start Instructions provided on the site. Make sure to complete the application process by clicking on the Submit Button located at the bottom of the college listing of choices.
- Allow 1-3 business days for the Welcome Center to process your application. They will send a Welcome Letter email with instructions for your next steps.
- The college places a $55 admission/placement fee on your account at the time they process your application. You pay this fee at the time you pay your first quarter tuition. Once paid, the fee is non-refundable.
- If you have credits to transfer in from other educational institutions, you will need complete the Transfer Credit Review Form. You must send your official transcripts to the Evaluations Department at Bellevue College.
- Once you have your Student ID number and completed the Transfer Credit Review Form you may continue to Step 2.
Please complete Step 1 at least two weeks prior to the application deadline. Processing time for Student ID numbers is typically 1 -3 business days.
Step 2: Complete the HCML Application Online
Once you have a BC student ID number, access the application below. You will need to have the following materials ready:
- Unofficial transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges attended demonstrating completion of the prerequisite courses with a grade point average of 2.0 or better.
- Personal statement (no more than 500 words) discussing your work experience; your personal and professional goals; any specific or unique attributes that you will bring to the program; any challenges or hardships you have overcome in pursuing your educational or work goals; or any other special considerations that you believe will make you a good candidate for the program.
- Diversity statement (not more than a page) discussing how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to the community, the healthcare industry, and to Bellevue College.
- Application payment will be accepted at the time of completion. Please have your form of payment prior to beginning the application. The application fee is $90.
Step 3: Submit your supporting documents
Submit the following supporting documents by mail:
- Two letters of recommendation, on company letterhead, from someone who personally knows your work, such as your current or past supervisor, discussing your contributions to your work place and how they believe you will benefit from completion of the BAS program. If you are applying for this program immediately after completing an associate degree program, the letters of recommendation may be from your previous instructors on college letterhead.
- Send all mailed materials to:
Attn: Healthcare Management & Leadership, T208
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, WA 98007
For those students who were previously accepted into the Healthcare Management & Leadership program and are planning to return following an approved leave of absence, please complete the HCML Readmission Application.
For those students who were previously admitted into the program and wish to resume their studies following a formal dismissal, please complete the HCML Reinstatement Application.
If it has been more than four consecutive quarters, you will need to re-apply for admission to the program in order to continue. You will be required to meet the eligibility requirements in place for the most current application and supply new supporting materials. You will be charged the most current application fee and be placed on the most up to date degree worksheet.
All applications must be received no later than 30 days prior to the next available program start.
Bellevue College does not discriminate on the basis of race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or veteran status in educational programs and activities which it operates. Please see policy 4150 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564-2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564-2266, Office R130.