How it works
The bachelor’s program was specifically designed to meet the flexible educational needs of its students. Students who wish to participate entirely from a distance can take fully online courses and complete the hybrid evening classes from a distance using web conference software.
Fully online courses are defined as courses in which all regularly scheduled classroom time is replaced by required activities completed at a distance and managed online through a course management system or equivalent technology.
- Online courses require no fixed-schedule visits to the BC campus or other pre-determined location.
- All activities can be completed geographically remote from the BC campus, but the student is responsible for arranging a location suitable to the course requirements.
- Visits to particular sites, for instance for tests, internships, service learning, interviews, field research, or other curricular activity may be required, but the location and scheduling of these activities is flexible.
Hybrid evening courses are defined as courses with blended educational environments that utilize both online and face-to-face experiences to meet learning objectives. For the HCTM program, hybrid evening courses require a weekly real-time discussion with the remainder of required activities completed online through a course management system or equivalent technology.
- Hybrid evening courses do require a fixed-schedule visits to the BC campus either in-person OR from a distance through the use of web conferencing software.
- All activities can be completed geographically remote from the BC campus, but the student is responsible for arranging time and a location suitable for participating in the real-time discussion
- The dates, times and location for courses requiring real-time discussion are posted in the online class schedule.
Information for Out of State Students
Enrollment in the Healthcare Technology & Management program is not limited to students who live geographically close to the BC Campus. Depending on the state, most students who live outside of Washington state may be able to attend as well.
Before offering classes via online/distance to students who reside outside Washington state, Bellevue College, like all other higher education institutions, must obtain authorization from those states in order to offer classes to their residents. At this time, due to extraordinarily high costs to obtain authorization, and/or other limiting factors, we regret that Bellevue College cannot offer distance education classes to students who live in Kentucky and Puerto Rico.
Other states may have restrictions for certain online programs that require licensure and/or internships, externships, clinicals and practicums. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Yes, distance education can be convenient for those who are interested in continuing their education. However, it may not necessarily be the best educational model for everyone based on preferred learning style and available time commitment. We have provided a self-assessment test for determining if pursuing the BAS degree through distance education is right for you.