Many professions require background checks. If you are planning to enroll in one of our health or education programs, you should know that our college requires you to obtain national background checks at specific points in the course of your program. The information below provides a general summary and is for informational purposes only. You should contact the individual program you are interested in for more specific information.
Acceptance into the following programs may be contingent on a national background check, and one or more additional checks may be done in the course of the program.
- Allied Health Programs: Medical Assistant-Certified, Phlebotomy
- Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Diagnostic Ultrasound
- Healthcare Informatics (BAS)
- Healthcare Management & Leadership (BAS)
- Health & Wellness (BAS)
- Neurodiagnostic Technology
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Nursing Assistant Certified
- Radiation & Imaging Sciences
- Radiation Therapy
- Radiologic Technology
- RN Refresher
Early Childhood & Teacher Education program
- Courses with a clinical-practicum component require a background check. These instances are noted in the course syllabi.
Alcohol and Drug Addiction Counseling program
- Licensure by the Washington State Department of Health as a Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee (CDPT) is required prior to placement in a clinical site. Washington State Department of Health completes background checks on applicants for the CDPT license.
Last Updated December 5, 2019