What is Bellevue Colleges Youth High School Completion Program?
The CEO Program at Bellevue College, Center for High School Programs Department offers high school completion coursework that meets the minimum credit requirements for a diploma in Washington State. It is granted by Bellevue College and is recognized just the same as a diploma issued by any accredited (official) high school in Washington State. Eligible students must be 16 years old by September 1st in order to begin that current school year. The program allows students to continue in the program either until completion or until they reach 21 years of age which ever comes first. However, students who turn 21 years of age in the middle of the academic year are able to finish through that academic year. Unfortunately as a State Program there are no exceptions.
Visit the CEO Program’s main website here: https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/ceo/.
Visit the CEO Program’s eligibility page here: https://www.bellevuecollege.edu/ceo/future/eligibility/.
- Step 1: Complete the online CEO Intent Form. The application will be processed within 5-10 business days.
- Step 2: Submit a Bellevue College application. The application fee will be waived for students coming into the CEO Program. After Bellevue College processes your application, the CEO Program will connect with the student to follow-up with program-required paperwork and next steps.
- Step 3: Submit your sealed, unopened Official U.S. High School Transcript/s to the Center for High School Programs Front Desk located in the U building on the 2nd floor. Inform the front desk that it is for the CEO Program. Do not submit high school transcripts directly to Bellevue College as they will not be directed to the CEO Program. It is important that it is sent directly to the CEO Program. Your high school transcript will be evaluated to determine what college courses are needed to meet state graduation requirements.
- Step 4: Make an appointment to meet with a Youth High School Completion CEO Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org. Appointments must wait until we have initially reviewed your Official High School Transcript and fully processed your online application. Once these are completed we will be able to make the appointment.
- Step 5: Submit your remaining required CEO Program paperwork to email@example.com. During your first appointment with a CEO Specialist, they will review the required paperwork and entrance steps for the Youth High School Completion Program for completion. Your high school transcript evaluation will be discussed with you. You will work with your CEO Specialist to decide which college classes you need to complete at Bellevue College to finish your high school diploma.
- Be at least 16 years of age, by September 1st of the current K-12 school year.
- Be able to provide official (sealed) transcripts from all accredited high schools you have attended.
- Complete all of the CEO High School Completion Program required forms and CEO Program required entrance testing.
- Have reading, writing, and verbal skills in English, necessary to complete coursework.
Bellevue College abides by the requirements set forth by the Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI), the Department of Education, the State Board of Community and Technical Colleges and the Washington State Legislature.
Each month you will meet with your CEO Specialist to discuss your progress, work on high school completion requirements, and make plans for your future.
- High School Completion FAQ
- Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction Washington State High School Graduation Requirements
- Washington State Department of Education High School Graduation Requirements
Last Updated July 10, 2023