Modern data analytics brings together tools and techniques from business, communication, graphic arts, information technology and statistics to collect, mine, interpret and represent large datasets to illustrate concepts and inform decisions. Graduates will be prepared to work as data analysts, data technicians, and in some circumstances, data managers, in a wide range of organization and industries.
(Note: as part of the application you will need to complete a personal statement and upload unofficial copies of transcripts). If you are not currently a BC student you must first fill out the general Bellevue college application. Please contact Shanon Reedy for more information.
Bachelor of Applied Science Data Analytics Preliminary Prerequisite List
Notice: This list is for informational purposes only.
Please verify information with the IBIT office before making decisions based on this information.
All students must complete the following requirements in order to be eligible for the BAS in Data Analytics:
- Associate’s degree in Applied Accounting, Business Management or Marketing, Information Systems, Sustainable Business, Business Administration Transfer or Computer Science Transfer (or 90 equivalent credits)
- with a minimum grade of 2.0 in all required courses (cumulative GPA 2.0)
- Demonstrate completion of the following general education courses or their equivalent:
- ENGL& 101
- 5 credits of College level math (MATH 138, MATH&141 or equivalent)
- 5-credits of Social Science and Humanities from AAS-DTA transfer list
- Two sciences, including one earth, space or physical and one with a lab
- Level one Excel proficiency (BTS 165 or CS 250 or challenge test)
Technology or math credits must not be more than 5 years old.
- BAS Data Analytics Course Requirements
- Information Sessions
- BAS Schedule
- Student Handbook
- Want to know the difference between Data Analytics and Business Intelligence?
Last Updated March 15, 2017