Thank you for your interest in applying for the Radiation and Imaging Sciences Bachelor of Applied Science Program. Admission to this program is competitive. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission, as the number of qualified applicants may exceed the number of available enrollment spaces. Instructions vary between the BAS program and Certificate programs. Please review the instructions for the program you are interested in. Due to the special requirements of the Medical Dosimetry concentration, special application information has been provided.
|Fall Start||Spring Start|
|Application Opens||April 1||November 1|
|Priority Application Deadline||July 1||February 1|
|Final Application Deadline||September 1||March 1|
Step 1: Complete the Virtual Information Session
You must pass this information session with 100% accuracy. Completion is verified by the Radiation and Imaging Sciences department.
Step 2: Apply to Bellevue College for General Admission
If you are a first time BC student or a previous BC student who is returning to the college after four or more quarters, you must apply to the college first. Current BC students may skip Step 1 and start at Step 2.
- Apply for general admission to Bellevue College and pay the $34.00 non-refundable admission fee. (Students who are returning to Bellevue after 4 or more quarters will need to re-apply for general admission)
- Use your SID and PIN to set up your NetID. Your NetID is used to access many online, desktop and networking services including Canvas. Your NetID is required to log in and complete the application for all Radiation and Imaging Bachelor of Science programs.
Complete Step 1 at least two weeks prior to the final application deadline. Processing time is typically 5-10 business days.
Step 3: Complete and submit RAIS application
Bachelor of Applied Science applicants, use your BC NetID to complete the online Radiation and Imaging Science BAS application. Certificate of accomplishment and advanced clinical practicum applicants please complete the Radiation and Imaging Sciences Clinical application.
Please have the following items ready for submission with your application.
- Unofficial transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges attended demonstrating completion of the prerequisite courses with a grade point average of 2.5 or better.
- A copy of your national certification showing that you are current. A screen shot of the certification verification website or jpeg of your card is acceptable. Files must not exceed 128MB.
- Personal statement (no more than 500 words) discussing your work experience; your personal and professional goals; advanced certifications you already possess; any specific or unique attributes that you will bring to the program; any challenges or hardships you have overcome in pursuing your educational or work goals; or any other special considerations that you believe will make you a good candidate for the program.
- Application payment will be accepted at the time of completion. Please have your form of payment prior to beginning the application.
Step 4: Submit your supporting documents
Submit the following supporting documents by mail:
- Two letters of recommendation, on company letterhead, from someone who personally knows your work, such as your current or past supervisor, discussing your contributions to your work place and how they believe you will benefit from completion of the BAS program. If you are applying for this program immediately after completing an associate degree program, the letters of recommendation may be from your instructors on college letterhead.
- Official Transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges attended, other than Bellevue College, demonstrating completion of the prerequisite courses with a grade point average of 2.5 or better.
- Send all mailed materials to:
ATTN: Radiation & Imaging Sciences
3000 Landerholm Circle SE, #T208
Bellevue, WA 98007
Please include your first and last name and the concentration or certification you are applying to in all correspondence.
Last Updated November 21, 2016