Upon acceptance into the program students will be required to upload copies of their immunization records to a Medical Document Manager that the program maintains through www.CertifiedBackground.com. Accepted students must meet all immunization requirements. The information below only provides an overview.
For more detailed information, see the Clinical Placement Northwest Collaborative Student/Faculty Clinical Passport.
- vaccine within the past 10 years
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- immunization (proof of two MMR’s), or positive MMR titer result
- Hepatitis B
- 3 doses and positive Hep B titer result, or signed declination
Note: choosing not to get Hepatitis B vaccination may impact our ability to assign you to clinical sites. The waiver option is not appropriate for some programs.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- immunization or positive varicella titer result
- TB Skin Test (also called PPD test
- 2-step method with negative result
- if PPD is positive, negative chest x-ray results and clearance from your physician is required, or a negative QuantiFERON blood test.
- annual TB test is required by some healthcare organizations
- Influenza Vaccination
- A seasonal influenza vaccine is strongly recommended. A student may decide to sign a waiver but, in so doing, must realize that there are hospitals which will not accommodate students without documentation of their seasonal influenza vaccine. Any student without a flu vaccine must also wear a mask for their entire clinical experience during the “official” flu season.
Bellevue College has partnered with US Healthworks to assist students in health science programs with low-cost and convenient options for completing their immunization requirements.