Here are some of the important steps many students take during their time at Bellevue College. Please note that this is a general timeline for starting and finishing your degree at Bellevue College. This example timeline is arranged for those students planning to transfer to a university.
Quarter 1: Orientation/Registration
- Attend International Student Orientation (mandatory)
- Take the English & Math Assessment Tests.
- Meet with your designated International Student Advisor to get registered and plan your first quarter
- Register HD103 “International Student First Year Experience” course with advisor and attend class
- Meet with your advisor during the quarter if you have any question or need assistance
Quarter 2: See Advisor (OIE or Major) for Class Planning
- Find and use BC Resources: Academic Success Center, Degree Audit, Academic Success Center, Degree Audit, Advising Website, Counseling Center, etc.
Quarter 3: Are English/Math and Prerequisites Finished?
- Undecided Major? See an OIE Advisor! Take HD 173.
Quarter 4: Apply for a Vacation Quarter?
- If you’re planning on taking a break for Summer Quarter then you need to apply for a Vacation Quarter in advance. Otherwise you would need to study full-time.
- You can apply for a Vacation Quarter by logging in to your Terra Dotta account and selecting Vacation for the appropriate term here: Vacation Request
Quarter 5: Apply to Universities
- Make a list of universities and requirements!
- Attend Personal Statement Workshops.
- Take the TOEFL or IELTS test if needed.
Quarter 6: Apply for Graduation before the Deadline
- Determine Universities for Transfer. See Advisor. See Advising Websites, Transfer information and Fairs, etc.
Quarter 7: Begin transfer process to a new school, apply for OPT or plan to depart the U.S.?
- Apply to universities and take TOEFL, check transcript, if transferring.
Quarter 8: Take a Reduced Course Load in Final Quarter?
Last Updated April 5, 2021