We are excited to announce that international students may be eligible for $1000 in Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF III).
Beginning June 9th, 2021, currently enrolled international students are eligible to apply for these funds if they demonstrate exceptional financial need due to COVID-19. Please read through the information below and contact email@example.com with any questions.
While we hope to help as many students as possible, HEERF III awards are limited and the college cannot guarantee that all eligible students will receive funding.
As of 6/9/2021: IE is still accepting and processing applications for Spring 2021 Quarter.
In order to be eligible to receive funds:
- International students must be enrolled in at least one course in the current quarter
- International students must describe how their financial hardship is related to COVID-19
- Funds will be awarded to eligible students in order of their application date and who apply by the priority deadline.
- IE will continue to review applications after the priority deadline until funds have been awarded for the current quarter.
- Students who are currently in the United States will be prioritized.
- Students can apply each quarter, starting Spring 2021 through Spring 2022, as long as they meet eligibility.
- If students don’t receive funds for one quarter, they can still apply for future quarters.
- If students receive funds for one quarter, it doesn’t guarantee that they will receive funds for future quarters. They must submit an application each quarter.
- If all funds have been awarded by the time students apply during a particular quarter, they are encouraged to apply for future quarters.
- Identifying information such as a student’s name, SEVIS, passport number, or student ID number will not be reported to the Department of Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF) Program?
The federal government has approved three rounds of emergency funds for students with exceptional financial need related to the COVID-19 pandemic. International students are now eligible to receive emergency funds.
If I receive funds, what can I spend it on?
Once awarded, students may choose how they wish to spend the funds. The college will not tell students how to use the funds they receive, and funds are not put on student accounts to pay tuition or other college fees unless authorized in writing by the student.
How do I apply?
Please select the button below to apply for funds. The link will take you to a secure form to answer the application questions and will be submitted to International Education for review. You will need to log-in to the application to continue.Application for International Students
What are the deadlines?
Applications are open for the current quarter only. While priority is given to students who apply by the deadline, IE will continue to accept applications until all funds have been awarded for the current quarter.
Who do I contact with questions or help?
Please contact International Education if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated June 10, 2021