Critical Thinking & Information Literacy
Across the Curriculum
BELLEVUE COMMUNITY COLLEGE SPRING QUARTER 1999
ENGLISH 103 - ACCESSING INFORMATION - Linked to Math 120, Sections A & B
Project 1 - 15 points total
Due: Wednesday, April 14 for section A, and Thursday, April 15 for section B
LIBRARY SELF GUIDED TOUR
The purpose of this assignment is to make you familiar with the resources available at the BCC Library.
You will be giving yourselves the library orientation tour.
The Library Media Center (LMC) has a map dating from April 1998. The LMC has been enlarged and
things have been reorganized. Your assignment is to draw a revised map of the BCC Library Media
Center showing where you would find the following items:
- Reference books
- Microfilm of the New York Times
- Circulating books on Math
- A book and article placed on "Reserve" for this class. Give the name of the book and article.
- Reading area with new issues of periodicals
- Paper copies of periodicals
- Paperback books
- Subject encyclopedia for Math or Science.
- Information Desk
- Study area or rooms
- The Collaboratory
- Room used for Library orientations
- Computers for Library research
Attach this sheet to your map.
Library Media Center
3000 Landerholm Circle S.E.
Bellevue, Washington 98007-6484
© Copyright Bellevue Community College; all rights reserved.
Permission is granted to copy these materials for educational
provided complete acknowledgement is included.
Updated August 25, 2003