Cover Story: No. 1 by Design: Inside BC’s interior design program
I’m meeting Connie Wais, interim department chair of the interior design program, on one of the last days of her last week at the institution she’s been an integral part of for nearly 20 years.
Much like the rooftop spectators across from the friendly confines of Chicago’s fabled Wrigley Field, occupants of Bellevue College’s first on-campus student housing facility will have a ballpark view as one of the perks.Read the full story...
Before Siri, there was Chester. In 1969 Chester was a popular guy, and, just like Siri, the best way to reach him was by phone. An innovative technology for its time, Chester was a dial-in phone switch machine. Users with touch-tone phones could call Chester and listen to preprogrammed lessons, lectures or stereo music 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In a time before smart phones, the internet, even personal computers, Chester was a hit.Read the full story...
Freezing temperatures, snow and a Seahawks playoff game couldn’t keep more than 200 people from attending Bellevue College’s 50th Anniversary Gala on Jan. 7 at The Golf Club at Newcastle. The formal affair celebrated the institution’s golden anniversary while also raising funds to help students pursue their dreams.Read the full story...
Also in this Issue:
- Dr. Boyd Bolvin, Bellevue College’s Early Technology Visionary
- Take 5 With Nancy Gonlin: Life After Dark in the Ancient World
- TEDxBellevueCollege Focuses on Perception
- Partnership with Fred Hutch Helps BC Students RISE
- Awards & Accolades for BC Students
- Developers Create New Worlds with Augmented & Virtual Reality at BC Continuing Education
- The Media Man: Sanders Played Founding Role in KBCS, Student Newspaper
- A Win-Win Strategy for Learning: Multicultural Business Consulting Class Adds Real Value
- Portrait of an Artist: Three Decades of Dale Lindman’s Art Exhibited at BC
- O’Connor’s Legacy Will Live on at Center Court
- News, Honors, Events and Happenings Around the BC Campus
- Eggers Named New Athletic Director
- Dr. Jerry Weber Named New President
Last Updated June 5, 2017