Dear BC Students,
Welcome to Spring Quarter! We want your college experience to be successful, and we have many resources to help you on your academic journey. Please take a quick moment to learn more about what’s available to you.
- BC Alerts: Sign up for BC Alerts, which delivers reliable emergency text messages to you anytime there is a campus closure, or emergency on campus that poses a safety concern.
- Academic Success Center (ASC): The ASC offers free tutoring as well as workshops on such topics as notetaking and study skills.
- Public Safety: If you’re locked out of your car or have a dead battery and need assistance, Public Safety can help! Safety escorts are also available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In the event of an emergency, dial 911. You may also call Public Safety at 425-564-2400.
- Report a Concern: An online form where you can report any concern, from worrying behaviors to lights out in a parking lot.
- Center for Career Connections: The Center offers comprehensive career advising, work-study and internship opportunities.
- Academic Advising: Map out your education with the assistance of BC academic advisors. Call 425-564-2212 or drop by the 2nd floor of the B Building.
- Counseling Center: Academic, career, and personal counseling services are available to all enrolled BC students. Multiple languages are spoken. Call 425-564-5747 or visit the 2nd floor of the B Building.
- Multicultural Services (MCS): MCS provides culturally-sensitive academic and support services to BC students.
- LGBTQ Resource Center: The LGBTQ Resource Center helps to create a safe, inclusive, and affirming campus through education, advocacy, engagement, support and the celebration of diversity.
- Title IX: Our Title IX office addresses student concerns related to sexual harassment, sexual assault and other actions that fall within its scope. Learn more about your rights, and resources available to you, on our Title IX website.
- Disability Resource Center (DRC): The DRC provides advocacy and classroom accommodations, including specialized materials, technology and equipment for students with documented disabilities.
- Commencement: Commencement is June 21 with keynote speaker Margaret Meister, president and chief executive officer of Symetra Financial Corporation. If you’re planning to graduate this quarter, make sure you apply for your degree or certificate.
Thank you all for making this an exceptional campus community.
Jerry Weber, Ph.D.
President, Bellevue College
Bellevue College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, language, ethnicity, religion, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, including gender identity or expression, disability, or age in its programs and activities. Please see policy 4150 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564-2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564-2178, Office R130.
Last Updated April 3, 2019