Upon acceptance into the program, all students completing a clinical will be required to upload copies of their immunization records to a Medical Document Manager that the program maintains through CastleBranch. Accepted students must meet all immunization requirements. The information below only provides an overview.
- Tetanus-Diphtheria vaccine within the past 10 years
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) immunization (proof of two MMR’s), or positive MMR titer result
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses and positive Hep B titer result, or signed declination
Note: choosing not to get Hepatitis B vaccination may impact our ability to assign you to clinical sites. The waiver option is not appropriate for some programs.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) immunization or positive varicella titer result
- TB Skin Test (also called PPD test) 2-step method with negative resul
Note: if PPD is positive, negative chest x-ray results and clearance from your physician is required, or a negative QuantiFERON blood test.
- annual TB test is required by some healthcare organizations
- Influenza Vaccination – A seasonal influenza vaccine is strongly recommended and required by some clinical locations. A student may decide to sign a waiver but, in so doing, must realize that there are hospitals which will not accommodate students without documentation of their seasonal influenza vaccine. Any student without a flu vaccine must also wear a mask for their entire clinical experience during the “official” flu season.
Bellevue College has partnered with US Healthworks to assist students in health science programs with low-cost and convenient options for completing their immunization requirements.
Last Updated February 12, 2018