The Bellevue College Nursing Program is moving to an online application starting March 9, 2018. There will also be the following changes to the Admission Criteria:
- The WRITEPLACER exam will now have points assigned to it: a score of 4 – 6 = 1 admission point, and a score of 7 – 8 = 2 admission points.
- Military medics or corpsman will earn an additional point for that experience, so will earn a total of 2 points.
- We will no longer require a letter of recommendation. They will not be considered so it’s best not to send them.
Fall 2018 – Six Quarter Option
- Application Period: March 9 – April 8, 2018 (application closes at 8:59 pm Pacific Time/11:59 pm Eastern Time)
- Testing Period: February 1, 2017 – April 6, 2018
Winter 2019 – Six Quarter Option
- Application Period: September 7 – October 5, 2018
- Testing Period: September 1, 2017 – October 5, 2018
Spring 2020 – Eleven Quarter Option
- Application Period: October 11 – November 1, 2019
- Testing Period: October 1, 2018 – November 1, 2019
If you are a first time BC student or a student who is returning to the college after four or more quarters, you must apply to the college before applying to the nursing program.
Step 1: Apply to Bellevue College for General Admission
Applications take time to be processed, so apply early—at least one month before you plan to apply to the ADN program!
Step 2: Gather required documentation for upload to application
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR Provider certification
- Writeplacer score report
- Conviction_Criminal History Disclosure Form
- Immunization Documentation (TB, Hep B, Varicella, MMR, Tdap)
- Unofficial transcripts
- TEAS score report
- Volunteer Verification Form (if submitting hours for admissions point)
- Verification of Employment (if submitting for admissions point(s))
- WA State NAC Certification (if submitting hours for admissions point)
Note: Background check report is not required to apply. You will be asked to run/pay for it if you are admitted to the program.
Step 3: Complete Online Application
Our application is now available through NursingCAS. You must create an account in order to find the Bellevue College ADN program in the list. We have extended the deadline to Sunday, April 8, 2018 at 8:59 pm Pacific Time/11:59 pm Eastern Time.
Step 4: Pay $50 application fee online to NursingCAS.
Step 5: Submit Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) transcript.
If you took the TEAS at another institution, you need to request an official transcript be sent to Bellevue College through the ATI website.
Step 6: Submit Transcripts to the Evaluations Office
Submit official college/university transcripts to the Bellevue College Evaluations Office at the address below.
Bellevue College Evaluations Office
ATTN: Nursing Program Admission
3000 Landerholm Circle SE, B125
Bellevue, Washington 98007-9484
Step 7: Interview
In rare circumstances, the applicants may have an interview with the committee and nursing faculty.
Application Decision Notification
To be determined
Last Updated March 20, 2018