These dates are tentative. Please check this page regularly for updates to application periods.
Fall 2019 – Six Quarter Option
- Application Period: March 1 – April 15, 2019 (application closes at 8:59 pm Pacific Time/11:59 pm Eastern Time)
- Testing Period: March 1, 2018 – April 15, 2019
Winter 2020 – Six Quarter Option
- REVISED Application Period: August 15 – September 30, 2019 (application closes at 8:59 pm Pacific Time/11:59 pm Eastern Time)
- Testing Period: August 1, 2018 – September 30, 2019
Spring 2020 – Eleven Quarter Option
- Application Period: September 20 – November 1, 2019 (application closes at 8:59 pm Pacific Time/11:59 pm Eastern Time)
- Testing Period: September 1, 2018 – November 1, 2019
Step 1: Apply to Bellevue College for General Admission
If you are a first time BC student or a previous BC student who is returning to the college after four or more quarters, you must apply to the college first. Current BC students may skip Step 1 and start at Step 2.
Step 2: Gather required documentation for upload to application
- Unofficial transcripts including Bellevue College unofficial transcripts
- TEAS score report—minimum score of 74% required
- WritePlacer score report—minimum score of 4 required
- CPNW Clinical Passport
- Complete all parts of the form except the Background Check and Insurance (Professional Liability Policy) parts. You will receive more information about those two sections if you are admitted to the program.
- Your Tuberculin Status must be tested by a Two-Step TST or a TB IGRA—one-step TSTs are not accepted and will result in your application being disqualified.
- You must have the immunization paperwork in your possession to confirm the information you submitted on the clinical passport.
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR Provider certification
- Red Cross and other AHA certifications are not accepted and result in your application being disqualified.
- WA State NAC Certification (if submitting hours for admissions point)
Note: Background check report is not required to apply. You will be asked to run/pay for it if you are admitted to the program.
Step 3: Complete Online Application
Our application is now available through NursingCAS. You must create an account in order to find the Bellevue College ADN program in the list (only visible when application period is open). If the program is not yet listed, please look for it later in the week.
Step 4: Pay $50 application fee online to NursingCAS.
Step 5: Submit Official Transcripts to the Evaluations Office
Official paper transcripts and documents should be mailed to:
ATTN: Student Central/Enrollment Services B125
3000 Landerholm Circle SE
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484
Official electronic transcripts must be sent directly by the institution. We cannot accept copies that are forwarded from your personal email account. If the electronic transcript was downloaded and viewed by anyone else, we cannot use it for transfer credit. Electronic transcripts and documents should be emailed to: email@example.com
You do not need to send official Bellevue College transcripts since you are not transferring those credits.
Be sure to upload unofficial copies of your transcripts to your application on NursingCAS, including the unofficial transcript from Bellevue College if you took classes here.
In very rare circumstances, a committee of Nursing faculty and staff may need to interview applicants if there is still a tie after applications have been sorted by 1. Total Score, 2. Science GPA, and 3. TEAS Score. To date, this has not happened.
Application Decision Notification
Spring 2020 Cohort Admission decision notification by December 13, 2019. Please check the preferred email address you entered in NursingCAS regularly as early as mid-November in case we’re able to complete the application review earlier than projected. Be sure to also check your Junk or Spam email folders in case your email security routes notification there.
Regarding Application Content and Admission Decisions
Your application is your responsibility. Bellevue College Nursing is not responsible for outdated, incorrect, or missing information on the application you submit via NursingCAS. To make sure you have uploaded the correct document(s), be sure to select the “preview” button after attaching each document and review the content. If you have uploaded the wrong document or a change you made is missing, remove it from NursingCAS and upload the correct one.
The admission committee reviews applications based on the information and required documents you provide in the application. The committee does not review documents not submitted through NursingCAS. Bellevue College Nursing offers application review sessions as a courtesy. These sessions are not part of the official committee application review and the guidance provided during these sessions does not guarantee your application will be successful.
Last Updated December 12, 2019