This program prepares graduates for beginning level clinical practice as Registered Nurses. Graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses. The license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Washington is granted by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission.
Nursing education is a dynamic process of encouraging the development of competence, critical thinking and collaboration. The student/faculty relationship provides an opportunity to access educational services that support professional development and enhance personal growth. The Bellevue College Associate Degree in Nursing program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (NLN CNEA). The ADN program is also approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission.
- Technology and informatics are utilized to facilitate learning that is innovative, accessible and relevant to today’s changing healthcare demands.
- Global awareness, diversity and opportunities for nursing experiences abroad help build an inclusive community.
- Students have the option to attend either full-time or part-time.
Degree Info & Requirements
The degree curriculum is designed so that prerequisite and general education classes are completed prior to the two years of nursing course work.
- Nursing AAS-T Degree
- ADN Program Educational Outcomes
- Prerequisite Requirements
- Clinical Participation Requirements
Applicants to the Bellevue College ADN program must meet the following admission requirements:
- Completion of ADN Prerequisites with a minimum of 2.0 in each prerequisite course AND a cumulative prerequisite GPA of 3.0
- A minimum score of 74% on TEAS test taken within the valid test period.
- Completion of immunizations on CPNW Clinical Passport
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR Provider certification – Red Cross and other AHA certifications are NOT accepted
- Washington State NAC Certification
- or Certificate of Completion from a Washington community/technical college Nursing Assistant training program
- or LPN licensure
Admission to the Bellevue College ADN program is competitive. Please carefully review the ADN Program Admission Criteria for specific details on how applications are evaluated. Applicants’ scores will be ranked in the following manner: 1) Total Score, 2) Science GPA, 3) TEAS score.
Nursing Licensing & Examination Eligibility
The license to practice nursing in the State of Washington is granted by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission. To be eligible to write the NCLEX (the nursing licensure exam), the commission requires you to provide information about physical/mental conditions and any filed criminal charges.
The Bellevue College Associate Degree Nursing Program curriculum is designed to meet the educational requirements for the national certification that is required for employment in the United States. The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) administers the exam.
In accordance with U.S. Department of Education Regulation 34 CFR 668.43 (a) (5) (v), the associate degree nursing program at Bellevue College meets the state education requirements for a registered nursing license in the states of Washington. Washington State Department of Health is the agency responsible for individual licensure.
Oregon licensure requires, in addition, seven hours of pain management-related CE for licensure.
Bellevue College has not determined if the associate degree nursing program at Bellevue College meets the state education requirements in any other state, any U.S. Territory, or the District of Columbia. Please contact the state regulatory agency for nursing in any other state for which this information is needed.
Nursing Professional Licensure spreadsheet.
Nursing: Directory of State Boards Offices
More information for Out of State students can be found at: bellevuecollege.edu/elearning/start/out-of-state/
Interested? Read more about our ADN program and prepare to apply!
Last Updated May 20, 2022