Certificates and Continuing Education
Applicants are required to complete requirements for each program specified in the application instructions:
In order to apply to a Bellevue College Nursing degree program, you must complete specific prerequisite courses from a regionally accredited college or university. The following links outline the prerequisite courses for our degree programs.
- Nursing Associate of Applied Science–T Degree Program of Study. Applicants must meet the following:
- required prerequisites must be complete at the time of application (English Composition, Lifespan Psychology, Introduction to Statistics, Introduction to Chemistry*, Human Anatomy & Physiology I* and II*, and Microbiology*—follow the above link to find course descriptions)
- must have a minimum of 2.0 in each prerequisite course
- must have a cumulative prerequisite GPA of 3.0
- Use the ADN GPA calculator to figure out your cumulative prerequisite and science GPAs. Be sure to download the calculator to your computer and adjust the number of quarter credits accordingly.
- *Science course grades are good for seven years from the quarter they were originally taken; after seven years, they must be retaken.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN) Degree Program of Study. Applicants must meet the following:
- Associate Degree in Nursing from a regionally Accredited Institution (must include at least 35 quarter credits in nursing.)
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 in all college courses.
- Minimum grade of ‘C’ (2.0) in in all required courses for the associate degree in nursing.
- College level statistics course that includes inferential statistics. Course must be equivalent to 5-credits.
- Current unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse in WA state. Students in final year of an associate degree nursing program may be admitted, but must take and pass the NCLEX-RN by the end of their second quarter of the program. Successful passing of NCLEX earns the student 45 college credits.
If you are transferring credits from another institution, you must submit official transcripts to the Evaluations Office and unofficial transcripts with your application to the Nursing Program.
- Transfer Course Equivalencies – Search for courses you have taken at other colleges or universities to see how they are transferred to Bellevue College.
- To have the prerequisite classes transferred in prior to admission into the program, please submit the online Transfer Credit Review Request.
- AP scores: we only accept official score reports sent directly from College Board. We will not accept credits from a high school transcript or any AP credits listed on another college transcript. Please see the AP Credit Equivalency Chart to see if your credits meet the Bellevue College criteria. If you repeat the class at a college or university, it is considered a duplicate and the AP score will not be accepted.
Last Updated January 29, 2019