Student Stories: Critical Thinking Through Writing

In Critical Thinking through Writing second year students begin class with a writing prompt that involves thinking critically about a complex topic and writing out their first impressions. This helps students practice thinking critically, organizing and synthesizing information, and communicating their ideas clearly to others.

Here Turner Brimm muses on what his life would be like if he didn’t attend the OLS program:

“What my life be like if I didn’t go to OLS is that I would get a minimum wage job. Minimum wage jobs don’t pay you that much, no matter how much you work & it’s downright depressing, talking about the hours, dead end pay and not being able to pay bills, rent, & anything in particular & I wouldn’t be able to start my dream career. The 2nd thing is that I would just laze around the house, going to the store, go to gym and just watch tv. The 3rd thing is that my parents would get on my case about not doing anything with my life while other people are doing something with theirs.”

OLS Student working on computer

Critical Thinking Through Writing is one of the many courses OLS Students take to obtain their associates degree from OLS. More information about our curriculum is available on our website. To learn more about our program register for an upcoming Information Session.

Last Updated March 7, 2018