Utilizing OLS Skills to Help Others

Young adult lady with long blong hair and glassesin grey sweater and brightly colored top smiles at the camera

During the 2nd year of OLS, students take a course called Career Exploration where they evaluate the career pathway they’ve chosen and look at their own values, strengths, and skills to better determine if that pathway is a good fit. By the end of their 2nd year, students have gained enough skills and had enough self-reflection to really assess what they want to do for a career and what they’d like it to look like.

One important aspect for any career is being able to meet and talk with new people and communicate important information. Recently our student Tashi had that opportunity when she was on an Art Tour. Here is her account of the experience:

“I offered to help give information to someone I meet an Art Tour in Woodinville. I was able to provide them different things that would help someone get information about what resources are available for with people who disabilities. I showed them different websites with information that I have learned in the class here at OLS. Hopefully they can get resources to help find place that will help with their disability. It shows that we can apply what we learn in class and share it with others.”

Career Exploration is one of the many courses OLS Students can take to obtain their associate degree from OLS. More information about our curriculum is available on our website. To learn more about our program register for an Information Session.

Last Updated June 20, 2019