Learning to Make Paella Verde

screenshot of OLS Microsoft teams classroom

The Nutrition, Health & Fitness class joined the Bellevue College Office of Sustainability for a vegetarian Paella Verde cooking demo with BC’s Mark Storey on Friday, October 9th.

Students learned to cook a vegetarian Paella Verde. Mark provided a live, online demo on how to cook paella, tips and tricks, and a bit on the history of paella.

Download the recipe for Paella Verde 

We asked OLS Students: Do you plan to make Paella Verde for your family or friends?

I may, but first I’d need to get a pan. It seems like a nice way to make a backpacking meal, and it would probably go over well with my scout troop and family. (Zach- 3rd year)

Yes, because I never eaten Paella Verde just like my parents and friends. Plus, it looked yummy when finished making it. I am going to add meats to it like since I am not a vegetarian. (Samantha- 3rd year)

I can’t cook paella Verde, but my mom can, and I am willing to try it. I am willing to try it because I have a goal to try new vegetables. I hope I will like it. (Riley- 3rd year)

Nutrition, Health, & Fitness is one of the many courses OLS Bellevue College students take to obtain their associate degree from OLS. More information about our curriculum is available on our website. To learn more about our program register for an upcoming Information Session.

Last Updated October 14, 2020