Due to the current health concerns surrounding COVID-19 and the current orders under the Washington State Safe Start guidelines, our Skills for Work Summer Camps will be offered in an online format.
2020 Camp Details
Prerequisite: Skills For Work I
August 3 – 13, 2020
8AM – 12PM Monday – Wednesday, 8AM – 11AM Thursday
- Exploring careers: What careers fit me best
- Introduce yourself in one minute
- Create your resume
- “Fake it till you make it”: the art of interviewing
- Identify your support needs in the workplace
- Advocacy statements
Know the workplace:
- Practice interviewing (Mock interviews)
- Tools that help you succeed in the workplace (Apps, tools, assistive technology)
- How do I find a job? (Network, Job Search sites)
- Fill the documents you need once you’re hired
- Who can help you on the job? The role of the job coach
- Tour a workplace
Social Skills for Work to be practiced:
- Team Work
Please note: These camps are not a part of the OLS Bellevue College program and are not open to current OLS students.
These services were developed in partnership with the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation.
Last Updated July 14, 2020