Classroom Learning + Real-world Experiences
The OLS curriculum is meaningful and life-related. Class sizes are small and class time is longer than a typical college course in order to provide you more learning time and differentiated instruction. Throughout the program, you will apply what you learn in the classroom to real-world experiences.
OLS courses directly relate to work and life. Our scaffolded program reinforces learned concepts year after year.
Examples of OLS courses:
- Personal Finance: Practice working with a
personal budget and understand how to balance a bank account.
- Citizenship: Learn how to advocate for yourself and your community and how local government operates
- Workplace Readiness: Explore career interests, polish job interview skills and learn how to solve problems in the workplace.
- Electives: Choose from a variety of courses such as Theater, Podcasts, Music Appreciation, fitness courses and more.
Visit the Bellevue College website for a complete list of OLS courses and descriptions.
In every course, you will take part in a remote community activity directly related to your coursework.
- Apply academic knowledge in a real-world setting
- Learn about business operations and a variety of occupations
- Learn networking skills and exhibit professional behaviors
Examples of Remote Community Activities:
- Attending Bellevue College’s Virtual Lunches event with the International Student Association
- Participating in an essay writing contest for MLK Day
- Watching and tracking election results
- Conducting independent sustainability projects at home or in the community
- Virtual visits from a variety of guest speakers including senior executives from various corporations, published authors and local business owners.
Your final two quarters are spent in a 200+ hour internship with a local business specific to your chosen career track. Every internship is unique and tailored to your strengths.
Remote business partners include:
- Bellevue College eLearning
- Seattle Jobs Initiative
- Bellevue College Welcome Center
- Eight Count Visuals
- Enigma ASD Services
- Best Made Video
Learn more by visiting our Internship and Employment page.
Last Updated October 20, 2022