Are you starting to wonder what life will be like after high school? Are you ready to explore your transition to college or your first job?
The purpose of this two-week camp is to introduce workplace readiness skills and career options to students planning to pursue college or vocational pathways. Through fun, engaging activities and discussions facilitated by highly trained OLS Bellevue College staff, students will identify their unique strengths and explore options for their future in a safe, friendly environment.
The camp is designed for young adults (ages 16-19) who have a cognitive or physical impairment or disability that could be a barrier to employment or college.
Join us and jump start your future!
Thank you to all our campers for making the 2019 Skills For Work Summer Camps a great success…and a LOT of fun!
If you’d like to be informed about future summer camps, please register for our newsletter.
2019 Camp Curriculum
- Dependable Strengths®
- Learning styles
- Your values
- Elevator speech (What to respond to the question: “Tell me about yourself”)
- Social expectations (dress, hygiene, social media presence, etc)
- Create a vision board
Know the workplace
- How do organizations work? How does College work?
- Best job Ever/Worst Job Ever
- What behaviors are expected at work? The employer’s point of view
- You as a student vs you as an employee
- Different environments/different jobs (Explore)
Social Skills for Work to be practiced:
- Team Work
Last Updated November 12, 2019