- Club Contact: Nick Yakobchuk
- Club Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meeting Location: F building greenhouse
- Meeting Time: Thursday 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
- Club Website: http://studentweb.bellevuecollege.edu/gardenclub/
- Advisor Name: Elena Maans
- Advisor Email: email@example.com
- Advisor Name: Rick Glover
- Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Garden Club’s purpose is to provide a space where students can learn both from their own experiments and from each other how to grow food sustainably. The club produces fresh vegetables of many different varieties using organic and sustainable methods. Students have access to the greenhouse for growing plant starts from seed. The greenhouse also contains rain forest and desert plant displays. Students grow vegetables in the garden for themselves or the food is donated to the Food Pantry at BC, located on the second floor outside student programs. The west side garden is open to all students while the east side garden is open to all students, faculty, and staff. During Earth Week students sell plant starts grown in the greenhouse. The Garden Club has partnered with the Bellevue College Beekeeping Society to help start and maintain the bee garden at the apiary located on the east side of the S building.
Budget Disclaimer: Please note that the file in the link below represents a snapshot of budget activity and may not reflect your most recent transaction. We do make every effort to keep these files as accurate as possible. If you find an inconsistency or have a question, please contact Chris Stoynov in our Funding and Travel office.
Last Updated August 29, 2018