If you’re looking for a great preschool experience for your child, we recommend co-op preschool! Learn all about the basics of how co-ops work, and check out information below about Ten Benefits of Co-op.
Our cooperative preschools are currently meeting online – here is the current schedule and tuition rates. If you would like to join us this year, contact the registrar of your chosen co-op to learn more.
For next school year, which starts in September, we are hoping to be in-person. Here is the full schedule for co-ops for 2021-2022.
We had most of our open houses in January and February. Here are upcoming open houses. Or you can always learn more about any specific co-op by checking out their website.
- Bellevue Overlake – has sample classes on April 7 and May 5 at 10:15 am. See their website for links to register
- Issaquah will have a virtual open house on Wednesday May 26 at 2:00 pm.
- Sunrise has video samples on their website at SunrisePreschool.org.
Ten Benefits of Co-op Preschool (compared to other preschools)
- Lower cost.
- Excellent adult-to-child ratios. Children benefit from having both their experienced preschool teacher, and other adult role models with diverse skills.
- Close link between home and school helps children ease into schooling, and helps parents reinforce the child’s learning at home.
- Children see that their school is important to their parents. They learn about the joy and responsibility of being part of a community where everyone works together toward a common goal.
- In parent education sessions, and through observing the teacher while volunteering in the classroom, parents gain knowledge about child development, discipline strategies, and ways to support children’s learning.
- Parents have a voice in school decisions and policy-making.
- Parents also make friends! Working side by side with other parents gives you the chance to make social connections and get parenting support from peers.
- Families are able to extend friendships outside the classroom, through such things as scheduling playdates with friends from school.
- Play-based learning is powerful for children. We also know that children learn best when they feel safe, happy, and have a sense of belonging. The community of a co-op preschool creates this nurturing learning environment.
- Parents and children build memories together by sharing in the preschool experience.
- Is Co-op Preschool Right for Your Family? https://www.parentmap.com/article/co-op-preschools-101
- Cooperative Preschools. Written by one of our parent educators: https://gooddayswithkids.com/2016/01/21/coop-preschools/
- Benefits of a Cooperative School Experience: https://www.cooperativepreschool.org/benefits-of-a-cooperative
- The Benefits of a Cooperative Preschool: https://annarborwithkids.com/articles/cooperative-preschool-benefits/
Last Updated March 4, 2021