Interested in going on your own outdoor adventures though do not know where to start?
Follow these pre-trip-planning steps and be more prepared in no time!
Step 1 – Before You Go
- Determine your goals and objectives? What, why, and with Who?
- Learn about and respect the rules and regulations of Public Lands and Wilderness Areas.
- Back country travel requires a certain level of expertise and knowledge.
- PE 115 Hiking and Orienteering/ PE 116 Snowshoeing, will give you the tools and knowledge to get started hiking rain , shine or snow!
Step 2 – Research Your Trip
- Make sure to check the weather before you leave!
- Plan ahead by checking trail conditions with current trip reports! Always have a Plan B, C and D.
- Your trip plan should be left with someone at home…Just in case.
Step 3 – Packing for Success
- Ten Essentials
- Complete Checklist for an overnight trip!
Last Updated January 12, 2015