Original Date: 8/31/2010 * Last Revision Effective: 4/21/2015
Policy Contact: Vice President, Human Resources
It is the policy of Bellevue College to encourage growth and development of exempt staff by periodical reviews of their progress through performance-based evaluations. Ideally, the performance appraisal cycle will include goal setting, performance evaluation, professional development and performance discussion.
It is the responsibility of supervisors to:
- consistently guide, counsel, and evaluate their employees in a manner that will result in increased effectiveness and great job satisfaction to the employee.
- explain the employee’s responsibility for successfully performing assigned job duties and responsibilities;
- assess how well the employee has contributed to efficiency and effectiveness in fulfilling the objectives of Bellevue College and the position; and
- recognize an employee’s successful job performance and identify any necessary changes in job performance.
It is the responsibility of the employee to:
- request clarification of any job duty, standard, or expectation that is unclear;
- perform work as assigned and meet job standards and expectations;
- participate in the performance evaluation process; and
- communicate with supervisor and share successes and problems so the supervisor can better measure progress and provide assistance
- Exempt staff will include both administrative staff and exempt staff.
- Individual responsible for the day-to-day performance of a work unit, department, or division.
Relevant Laws and Other Resources
- WAC 357-37
Revisions 9/11/2012; 4/21/2015
Last Updated April 21, 2015