Original Date: 6/3/2003 * Last Revision Effective: 4/21/2015
Policy Contact: Vice President, Human Resources
As a public agency whose responsibility it is to serve the educational needs of students and potential students, it is the policy of Bellevue College to ensure that college services are available and offices are open to the public during published hours of business. Bellevue College is also committed to reducing commute trips, increasing employee effectiveness and providing options to keep the college operating during emergencies. For these purposes, administrative supervisors have the authority to establish telecommuting and alternative schedule arrangements. Serious consideration should be given to all reasonable requests. However, arrangements should be authorized only when it is in the best interest of the college to do so.
- a work arrangement in which some or all of the work is performed at an off-campus work site such as the home or in office space near home. Communication may be by one of several means, such as phone, modem, fax, and pager. Equipment may be owned and maintained by the employee or by the college.
- alternative schedules may include variations in daily beginning and ending work time periods, or a compressed workweek providing those schedules comply with state and federal wage and hour laws.
Relevant Laws and Other Resources
- Bellevue College Procedure #4800P Telecommuting Policy for Staff
- Bellevue College Policy #6050 Campus Hours of Operation
- Bellevue College Policy #4850 Commute Trip Reduction Program
Revisions 5/10/2005; 5/21/2009; 5/31/2011; 4/21/2015
Last Updated April 21, 2015