- What background is required to enter the Business Intelligence programs?
To begin the business intelligence program, you should have a solid understanding of relational databases. Additionally, the Business Intelligence Developer program requires software development (programming) experience. If you have not worked with databases or software development, we have courses to help you gain the necessary knowledge. In particular, we offer the Relational Database Analyst and Relational Database Developer certificate programs to help you develop your skills.
- Can I complete the BI programs from a distance?
Yes. Courses are all available on-line.
- Is this a self-paced learning environment?
No. Courses are instructor led and require that assignments be submitted according to established due dates. While you do not have to be present at specified times, you must complete the assignment work per instructor requirements.
- When can I start the Business Intelligence program?
Courses are offered on the college academic quarter system. You can consult the college web-site (http://bellevuecollege.edu) for the academic calendar.
- How long will it take to complete the BI program?
It depends upon how many courses you take each quarter. If you plan to be a full-time student you can take 3 courses per quarter. If you are employed or have other commitments, you should plan to take only 1 or 2 courses each quarter.
- How much will it cost?
You can find a wealth of information on our distance learning programs including cost at www.bellevuecollege.edu/elearning/.
- Which courses can be applied towards the “Approved Business Elective”?
Here is a list of approved business electives offered through Bellevue College
- BUS& 101 General Business
- BUS& 201 Law & Business
- BUS 260 Business Ethics
- MKTG 154 Principals of Marketing
- MKTG 210 Business Research
- MKTG 110 Client/Customer Relations
If you feel you have taken a similar course at an accredited college/university, please make an appointment to see a faculty advisor. Faculty Advisor
Last Updated May 24, 2016