IS: Database Administration
Bellevue College offers an inclusive program in database administration in which the student learns basic understanding of relational databases and techniques for managing and maintaining a database server. Students gain understanding of how data can be managed and maintained in a server environment.
The program includes study in the following areas:
- Foundations in Relational Database
- SQL Programming
- Database Administration using SQL Server
- Associate in Arts Degree in Information Systems: Database Administration Track: This is a full 2 year degree program. Students study the design of relational databases to implementation and management in a database server environment.
- Database Administration Assistant: This 45 credit Certificate of Achievement provides the student with an introduction to skills necessary to work in a relational database environment.
For the Technologist (Database Administrator)
- Database Analyst: This 25 credit Certificate of Accomplishment provides an introduction to data management basics with a focus on database development.
- Database Report Developer: This 45 credit Certificate of Achievement provides an introduction to data management basics with a focus on database development and programming.
The Relational Database Developer certificate is a stepping-stone towards the Business Intelligence Analyst Certificate.
Flexible course scheduling, evening courses and on-line courses are all available to accommodate the schedules of working professionals.