Program Updated: The requirements for this program have been updated for 2017 – 2018.
Please review the changes and consult with your adviser or program manager if you have questions.
The Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Digital Marketing degree provides students with cutting-edge skills in search engine marketing, search engine optimization, display advertising, mobile marketing, online video, social media, and website design. Such training will position graduates to undertake roles in the creation and use of marketing digital content across multiple media platforms for a variety of organizations.
The first 90 credits of the degree are fulfilled by entrance prerequisites. The second half of the degree program offers a professionally relevant curriculum that helps students achieve their goal.
Degree recipients should possess the skills & abilities described below:
- Establish business and marketing objectives
- Translate objectives into integrated marketing strategies that lean heavily on digital platforms
- Create and re-purpose content for the digital environment
- Optimize marketing campaigns based on campaign results
- Utilize marketing efforts to establish future product innovation and extensions
|Course #||Course Name||Credit Hrs.|
|Associate degree in business or marketing, or equivalent credits||40|
|BTS 189||Webpage Authoring Essentials||5|
|BUS& 101||Introduction to Business||5|
|ENGL& 101||English Composition I||5|
|MATH& 107||Math in Society (or higher)||5|
|MKTG 101||Introduction to Marketing||5|
|MKTG 102||Intro to Digital Marketing Platforms||5|
|MKTG 234||Advertising I||5|
|MKTG 261||Marketing Research I||5|
|MKTG 262||Measurement and Analytics||5|
|Any Lab-based Natural Science course||5-6|
Core BAS Coursework
|Course #||Course Name||Credit Hrs.|
|ENGL 271||Expository Writing I||5|
|HIST 363*||U.S. Business History||5|
|PHIL 360||Business Ethics Theory and Practice||5|
|Any 200-level Anthropology course from AAS-DTA list||5|
|Any 200-level Natural Science course from AAS-DTA list||5-6|
|Any 200-level Sociology course from AAS-DTA list||5|
|* Course is under development|
|Digital Marketing Core Coursework|
|BTS 389||Ecommerce Strategy||5|
|MTKG 301||Media Planning and Buying||5|
|MTKG 333||Content Creation||5|
|MKTG 334||Advertising II||5|
|MKTG 341||Public Relations and Social Listening||5|
|MKTG 461||Marketing Research II||5|
|MKTG 462||Data Visualization and Advanced Analytics||5|
|MKTG 492||Capstone Course||5|
|Choose two courses from the following:|
|MKTG 211||Multicultural Marketing (5 Cr)|
|MKTG 241||Search Engine Strategy (5 Cr)|
|MKTG 242||Social Media Strategy (5 Cr)|
|MKTG 243||Mobile Marketing Strategy (5 Cr)|
|MKTG 244||Online Video and TV Strategy (5 Cr)|
|MKTG 271||Consumer Behavior (5 Cr)|
|MKTG 434||Branding (5 Cr)|
|MKTG 451||Sales Management (5 Cr)|
Total Credits: 180 – 182
Individuals must have:
- Associate degree in business or marketing, or 90 equivalent credits that represent the combination of program admission required courses and other transferable college-level credits
- Demonstrated completion from a regionally accredited college of the following courses, or their equivalent, with a grade point average of 2.0 or better:
- MATH& 107 Math in Society (or assessment into a higher level course)
- ENGL& 101 English Composition
- Any Lab-based Natural Science course
- 35 credits of Marketing courses, or equivalents: BTS 189, BUS& 101, MKTG 101, MKTG 102, MKTG 234, MKTG 261, MKTG 262 (some may be satisfied by examination)
A complete description of the required curriculum is shown in the worksheet. In addition to eligibility requirements, students must achieve the following:
- Completion of 90 quarter credits in the general program requirements, with a grade of “C”, or better
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for all coursework taken at BC and the courses applied to the degree, including credits transferred from other colleges
- At least 45 quarter credits for the degree must be completed in residence at BC, of which 30 credits must be upper division
To be considered for the Bachelor of Applied Science in Digital Marketing program, prospective students must submit the following:
- Completed general Bellevue College admissions form
- Nonrefundable admissions and placement fee of $55
- Completed Bachelor of Applied Science application form
- Non-refundable application fee of $90
- Official transcripts from a regionally accredited college
- Two letters of recommendation from someone who knows you personally knows your work, discussing your contributions to your work place. If you are applying for this program immediately after completing an associate degree program, the letters of recommendation may be from your instructors.
- Personal statement of no more than 500 words discussing your understanding of the role in your chosen field and how that fits with your personal or professional goals. You may also discuss your work experience; your advanced certifications; specific or unique attributes that you will bring to the program; challenges or hardships you have overcome in pursuing your educational or work goals; or other special considerations that would make you a good candidate for the program.
Professional or technical program offerings and course requirements listed in this website may be altered by the college to reflect the needs of industry, student interests and availability of resources.
This website is designed as a tool to assist in making degree selection decisions, but may not be up-to-date in all instances. Please review worksheets with an advisor to ensure that you receive the most up-to-date information.
Gainful Employment information for many programs is available on the Public Disclosure website.
Last Updated October 5, 2017