The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) gives you these rights:
- The right to inspect and review your records within 45 days after the College receives a request from you.
- The right to request a correction if you believe your record contains inaccurate, misleading, or information you believe is a violation of your privacy rights under FERPA.
Request to Obtain or View your Records
- To request a copy of paperwork or file contents related to a specific office, submit a written request to the director of that office. For Example, Financial Aid, Disability Resource Center, etc.
- To request instructional records, beyond the grades listed on your transcript, submit a written request to the Department Chair of the class you took.
- To request your records from more than one department, or more than one class, submit a written request to the Dean of Student Central: Rae Ellen Reas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ask to Correct your Records
If you find or believe your records contain an error, or information that is misleading or a violation of your rights under FERPA, submit a detailed written request asking for a review. Attach documentation if appropriate. Send your request and any documentation to the Dean of Student Central: Rae Ellen Reas at: email@example.com.
Note: Do not use this process for a grade dispute. To address an issue with a grade you must contact the instructor first. If unable to resolve the dispute, or reach your instructor, contact your instructor’s Dean. You must address any grade dispute within one year after the quarter ends.
Last Updated September 23, 2019