To promote student success in completing academic and career goals, Bellevue College has implemented a temporary measure for fall quarter 2020, which limits the number of credits students may register for. This temporary procedure is pending final approval prior to the start of winter quarter 2021 registration.
Students can expect the following:
- Students may register for up to 21 credits without restriction
- Students may request to add one additional class beyond 21 credits for up to six credits
- Students may not register for more than 27 credits – no exceptions
Procedure to Request Registration for more than 21 Credits
Students who wish to register for more than 21 credits must complete the online Request to take over 21 Credits form prior to the start of fall quarter. The following criteria is used:
- Students who have earned fewer than 30 credits at BC, or have officially transferred fewer than 30 credits from another school, or a combination of both, may not register for more than 21 credits.
- Students who have earned at least 30 credits at BC, or officially transferred at least 30 credits from another school, or a combination of both, and have a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) can register for more than 21 credits.
- For fall quarter 2020, students may attach an unofficial transcript to their request to show number of credits and GPA earned at another school.
This procedure does not apply to students participating in specific academic programs that require students to take additional credits, students in non-credit classes (ABE, GED, ESL), or classes taught through Continuing Education, or the Tombolo Institute.
Last Updated August 18, 2020