How to register for a class that is full
If a class is full, you have the option of adding your name to a waitlist. Waitlisting for a class does not guarantee you a spot in the class.
- If spots become available, the #1 position on the waitlist is registered into the class.
- The waitlist will check for open spots once each day at 7 am until the last business day before the quarter starts.
- Review your schedule daily to see if you have been registered from the waitlist.
- If you no longer want the class, remove yourself from the waitlist online.
- After the last business day before the quarter, the waitlist is closed. You can still see your waitlist class and position online, but your instructor must approve late registration during the first week of the quarter if you did not get into the class from the waitlist.
- You are limited to being on only one waitlist at a time.
- You are not allowed to be on a waitlist and registered in a different section of the same class. If you are double enrolled into a second section of the same class from the waitlist, the most recently added class will be dropped from your schedule.
How to register for a class that is full after the quarter begins
All waitlists are closed just before the quarter begins and students are no longer moved from the waitlist into the class even if a spot opens up. Follow these steps if you wish to register for a class that is full once the quarter begins:
- During the first three days of class, watch the class schedule to see if a spot opens up. Students may register for open spots during the first three day of the quarter.
- If the class is still full on the first day of the quarter, submit an online Late Registration Form. Processing of approved late registration petitions can take 2-3 days. Allow 24 hours from when you are registered before accessing the class in Canvas.
Last Updated September 23, 2020