If you need to withdraw from a class, refer to the following guidelines and policies.
General Information About Withdrawals
- Withdrawal from a course is the termination of your registration in that course.
- Withdrawals do not require instructor signature and are classified as official only when the student withdraws online or submits a completed add/drop to staff at Student Central.
- There are consequences for failure to meet deadlines;
- See Grades for additional information on the “W” and “HW” grades.
Tuition and Fee Refunds
Tuition and fee refunds will be made to students who withdraw before the enrollment deadline for each quarter. The college will begin to process refunds no later than the third day of classes. If you wish to request your refund on a different timeline, please submit the expedited refund request form (login required).
Classes with alternate start and end dates will be governed by a different refund policy. Please contact Enrollment Services if you have questions.
What to Expect
- A processing fee is deducted from the refund amount.
- If the college drops you from classes for disciplinary reasons you will not be eligible for a refund. Some fees are identified as non-refundable in the class listings.
- Self-support programs may have different refund policies, contact the program office for details.
- Refunds under $25 will not be processed but will be applied to the next academic quarter.
Withdrawing Due to Active Military Duty
Please go here for more information about withdrawals due to active military duty.
Last Updated October 4, 2017