Active Duty members of the military living in Washington and members of the Washington National Guard and their dependents may be eligible to pay resident tuition.
What documents do I provide?
- A copy of the service member’s orders and Military ID
- A copy of the student’s military ID
Documents may be mailed to: Admissions, 3000 Landerholm Circle SE, Bellevue, WA 98007-6484
Active Duty – Living outside the state of Washington
Members of the military whose home of record is Washington State, and who are serving active duty in another state or overseas may be eligible to pay resident tuition. Submit the following to the Residency Office:
- Complete a Residence Questionnaire.
- Documentation Washington is the service members home of record (L.E.S. – Leave and Earnings Statement)
- A copy of your current military orders
- A copy of your military ID card (front only)
- . Provide at least three of the following:
- Current Washington state driver’s license
- Washington voter’s registration
- Current Washington vehicle registration
- bank account
- Ownership of Washington property
- Storage of property in Washington
Submit the Residence Questionnaire and all needed documents by the 30th calendar day of the quarter you plan to obtain resident status. By regulation, we process applications and documents received after this date for the next quarter. No Exceptions!
Veterans and their qualified dependents pay resident tuition under the following conditions.
- At least 90 days of active duty
- Honorable discharge
- Enrolled in a Washington college or university within three years of separation
Submit the following:
- DD214, member four copy
- Letter of Certification of eligibility
Last Updated January 25, 2018