The RISE Learning Institute, a part of the Connected Learning Division, works across Bellevue College and with the surrounding community to provide opportunities for students to learn through experiences, with the goal of helping them identity, articulate, build, and apply strengths. Through experiential learning, students develop skills that can help them succeed after leaving Bellevue College. In order to support these learning opportunities, RISE additionally provides professional development for faculty and builds relationships with the community.
- The Center for Career Connections
- STEM to Stern
- The Navigators Cohort Programs (Neurodiversity Navigators & Disabled Students Navigating STEM)
- The RISE MakerSpace
- Community-Engaged & Civic Education, and more.
RISE also offers events for students, faculty, staff, and the community, which can be found on the RISE Learning Institute’s calendar.
Through its programs and networks, RISE:
- Links students to career-building internships, research projects, and jobs
- Helps faculty gain comfort with experiential teaching methodologies through professional development, conference and grant support, career support, and other opportunities
- Provides award-winning support for neurodivergent students
- Mentors future STEM professionals through cohort courses and summer programs
- Provides space and programming for students to learn through creation
- Fosters mutually beneficial relationships with community organizations
- Organizes job and internship fairs throughout the year
- Compiles and shares courses that utilize high-impact learning practices
- Celebrates student learning
- Leads the campus on civic and voter engagement
Last Updated November 1, 2022